Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin_moore99

Has anyone actually used the Bodarp Ikea cabinet doors?

Erin Moore
3 years ago

We are getting ready to pull the trigger on my new kitchen and I am planning on doing bodarp lowers with white uppers, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually used the Bodarp in real life yet? I'd love to see it in action in something other than a promotional photo.

Comments (121)

• bethbohicks
    3 years ago

Thanks so much for posting your kitchen, Erin! It's beautiful and really helps me envision what my space could look like!

• User
    2 years ago

Hey! I don't know if you ever decided on what stacking to do - but after passing on a more interesting shape due to budget reasons as well - we ended up going with the horizontal stacked here.

• Suzanne Jones
    2 years ago

Erin, what upper cabinets did you use? Would love to see your finished pics with the backsplash! Would you recommend this type of cabinet for a rental property or is it too high maintenance with fingerprints? Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitchen ideas!

• Erin Moore
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Suzanne: the cheapest ones… I can’t remember the name now. And I still haven’t installed a backsplash. Finically decided on the tile and I’m hoping to get it done soon.

• Lilian Nell Barson-Frost
    2 years ago

Hi Erin,

Also keenly awaiting your backsplash update. We are considering this cabinetry for our laundry.

Thanks for all the free advice from everyone on this thread :-)

• Erin Moore
    Original Author
    2 years ago

This is mid project, but we settled on square tiles with some texture. I’ll post a picture when we finally finish it. (I got pregnant and the morning sickness has been a beast.)

• Donna Hanson
    2 years ago

Looks great!

• Karen Bearman
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Forgot to post an update of our kitchen! We went for Bodarp top and bottom and a polished white quartz worktop. We have square ’tutti fruiti’ splashback tiles. I love the kitchen and no worries about it being too dark. Window cleaner gets the fingerprints off.

• Elyse Sandl
    2 years ago

Has anyone combined white VOXTORP and BORDARP?

• Liudmila Jovmir
    2 years ago

We are doing it know. Should be done in about two weeks. Can't wait to see the combo, but based on samples it's veryyy nice.

• kams18
    2 years ago

@Liudmila Jovmir Any update on that? We're planning the same and would love some pictures before pulling the trigger!

• Donna Hanson
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am doing Bodarp Bottom cabinets and Haggeby on top its amazing.The reason i did white uppers is because I have a small kitchen.Also I used Haggeby for the matte true white finish.I opened the wall to make it more open. I am thinking wood shelves where that piece of tile is.Or, more cabinets placed horizontal.Not sure? It's taking about 9 months because of all the boxes for bases and uppers were delayed...I will post better pics when I get closer.

My pics are bad because my camera phone is awful...White marble like quartz on counters

• Adrienne Newlon
    2 years ago

I've had Bodarp cabinets since Aug. 2021. I love the way they look - we get many compliments. However - the surface is a pain in the ass to clean. if anything stays on the surface for more than a few hours (if not noticed while cooking, etc.), it can leave a permanent streak or imprint. Also, after cleaning (and I mean strictly according to IKEA guidelines), some of the cabinet doors still look streaky. I got Bodarp b/c it's a flat surface and I wanted easy cleaning. I'm not sure I'd say I regret it, but I may have considered something else if I knew how fussy the matte surface was.

• Karen Bearman
    2 years ago

Window cleaner works really well on ours

• Donna Hanson
    2 years ago

I agree with everyone (pain in the butt to clean) The cabinets get grease marks so, i am more aware to use handles and try not to touch the cabinets as much and so far window cleaner works the best.

• Frances Bolton
    2 years ago

Tile cleaner also works well. i didnt realize how much cleaning they’d need when i got them.

• belsize
    2 years ago

I haven’t had a problem with marks, I don’t know why. Still very pleased with my Bodarp cabinets.

• Lauren Hiddleson
    2 years ago

Erin, I LOVE your kitchen!!! 😍😍 It's now my inspiration. What were the white uppers you used with BODARP? Where did you get your cabinet pulls? Was your countertop from IKEA or somewhere else?

• Erin Moore
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Lauren! We used the Haggeby uppers. I ordered my cabinet pulls on Amazon for cheap, and the countertop is calcatta jubilee from Arizona tile. It wasn’t from IKEA

• Megan Wray
    2 years ago

We’ve finally completed our Bodarp install minus the backsplash. The uppers are Veddibge
    We are in love!

• Lauren Hiddleson
    2 years ago

Megan your kitchen turned out beautifully!! Nice work.  Did you use 40" uppers?

• Megan Wray
    2 years ago

Yes, we did 😊

• merongelly
    2 years ago

Megan, your kitchen looks amazing already. I just ordered my Veddibge and Bodarp cabinets. Your floor goes so well with that combo I may just have to follow suit😊

Can't wait to see the finished backsplash update from both you and Erin!

• Lauren Hiddleson
    2 years ago

I'm planning to do BODARP with white uppers like so many of you have. For the white cabinets, I'm torn between haggeby, veddinge, and ringult. It seems like Haggeby is the most matte, ringult is very glossy, and veddinge is in the middle? 

What do you all think looks best with BODARP?

• Ig222
    2 years ago

I would be a liitle bit leery of Haggeby, particularly if the doors are used a lot. The price seems to be very low and I am not sure whether does reflect the quality.

I have both BODARP and VEDDINGE, but not in the same room, however, it seems the colors could be a good match and VEDDINGE seems to be a reasonably good quality for the price (I have had them for 3 years and no problems).

• Erin Moore
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We did haggeby because I liked the match better and the price was great. We are over a year into a very heavily used kitchen with no problems.

• Lauren Hiddleson
    2 years ago

Has anyone in this thread used BODARP with RINGHULT on top? I'd love to see photos of this combo!

• Alli Ferguson
    2 years ago

Has anyone matched bodarp to a BM paint color?

• Kirsty Zachovalová
    2 years ago

Anyone here used Bodarp and Askersund combination?

• Jennifer Gonzalez
    2 years ago

Hey! Did you end up liking the green cabinets? We’re thinking of using this for our island !

• Erin Moore
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I love the look of them. My only complaint is that they do show fingerprints so if you have lots of littles, you’ll be fighting handprints often

• Jeanna Wright
    last year

Do you feel like the they have held up well with daily life and little handprints, or do they stain or retain streaks? would you choose the bodarp again? i have a 2 year old, really love the look and color but seriously debating because of upkeep. your kitchen photos look great!

• Frances Bolton
    last year

@Jeanna Wright I’ve had them for two years. no stains or permanent streaks. I do clean them weekly. (no kids)

• Jeanna Wright
    last year

Thank you @Frances Bolton. Your kitchen looks great also! And i believe it was you who mentioned the drawer pulls you chose make a big difference as well? great to know that they seem durable after two years. i appreciate the feedback!

• PRO
    User
    last year

We recently completed this Bodarp/Axstad White kitchen as part of a whole-house renovation:

Whole-House Gut/Renovation - Curzon Street · More Info

• PRO
    ZebraBlinds
    last year

We moved into a home recently with Ikea cabinets in place, and they were installed shortly before we purchased the home. Have to say, very satisfied with the look. The previous owners went for more of a beige/tan color for the cabinets so not exactly the same as BODARP, and they added grey countertops. I am happy with the rather neutral colors as it fits my personal style more. Overall, I say its quality is very good.

• Sara Grabin
    last year

My partner and I recently completed a full home renovation for our vacation home / Airbnb in Palm Springs. For the kitchen we used IKEA BODARP lowers and VEDDINGE uppers. To add some midcentury flair, we used “Chips Macro Bianco White 8x8 Terrazzo Look Matte Porcelain Tile” from Tilebar. Countertops are quartz KASKER from IKEA. It turned out pretty dang sleek!

• Jennifer E
    last year

@Karen Bearman i realize this thread is old but I’m wondering how you did an integrated fridge with Bodarp? Did you purchase extra cover panels and have them cut to size? I only see an option for a small fridge cabinet but we have a 36” fridge. Thanks in advance!

• Kelsie Anne
    last year

Commenting on an old thread but can anyone who has used Bodarp share what paint color they used. We are doing Bodarp lowers and Haggeby uppers.

Thanks !

• Megan Wray
    last year

Do you mean for the walls? We have Bodarp lowers and Veddibge uppers and we used Simply White by Benjamin Moore

• PRO
    User
    last year

For the kitchen shown above I used Benjamin Moore "Chantilly Lace."

• Ashlie Winson-Jones
    last year

Are these ikea uppers?! (Natural wood with no handles)

• cuba15
    last year
    last modified: last year

Love everyone's ideas! What have you guys done for kitchen stools if you have. We are going with black handles, cork flooring, light grey countertopscountertops it's for a cabin so nothing too fancy hahah

• Tu Anh Dinh
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I know this is an old thread, but what's the specific tile you used for the backsplash? @Erin Moore

• Michelle Flaherty
    3 months ago

Love all these combinations. I was thinking of high gloss white ringhult but now maybe the veddinge or axstad is a better call. The kitchen I'm doing is really tiny so I thought the gloss would reflect light. Did anyone consider that combination?

• Nicole Bazile
    3 months ago

@Erin Moore hoping you see this. can you source the 4x4 tile you used for your kitchen backsplash?

• rachael eldessouky
    2 months ago

My daughter used the IKEA Bodarp green kitchen units for her new open plan kitchen extension and sourced some wooden terrazzo worktops, ply handles and oak slats panels to go round the peninsular. Looked amazing when completed. Here are some photos taken during the completion of it.

• spoonerella
    16 days ago

Hello, we were about to go for the Ikea Bodarp grey green kitchen but found a thread on Pinterest saying ”dont do it as the cupboards stain permanently with greasy oil marks”. Has anyone had this problem? We need a kitchen to last!

• rachael eldessouky
    16 days ago

It does get grease marks on it from hands however have been told by someone that sugar soap fetches it off, although not tried it yet. Apart from that they look lovely. Interestingly the showroom ones don’t have marks on them

• Megan W
    16 days ago

We’ve had them for 3 years and no stains. I use windex with a wet cloth and then wipe them with a dry cloth aftwerwards. It works great.