Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_291723326

small apartment is this chair crowding the room?

Lyla M
12 days ago

Too much time carrying dining chairs into living room .
Family visits would be easier with this or similar small swivel accent chair but …
Your opinions would be so welcome.

Comments (13)

• Lyn Nielson
    12 days ago

nice chair, if you need it to make your life easier, do it.

I would add an area rug to soften the space. I'd personally move the credenza to the window and the little round table to the end of the sofa... put at least the front legs of the recliners and sofa ON the rug.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Thank you Lyn- will try to move the furniture around. What color would you recommend for the chair? There is a lot of white in the space - a white chair or some variation of blue like the pendants- it’s a small open space.

• Lyn Nielson
    12 days ago

the white is nice for a small space.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    12 days ago

If I put the round table at the side of the sofa - where do I place the tall lamp?

• elcieg
    12 days ago

This is your second post on the same topic. You got so many suggestions on the first post. Posting again accomplishes nothing. You should stick with just one post so all commentators can be involved.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Hi elcieg - earlier posts gave me great suggestions- people are so helpful- I have been brinin dining chairs but has been difficult. I loved the stools but not comfortable for my family for visiting for hours. Am now looking for input on accent chair if not too much clutter. A real dilemma not to crowd a small room. Looking for a yes or no on the chair - or any better chair and for a color not to make room a chair mess. Thank you all.

• Lyn Nielson
    11 days ago

the floor lamp is great in the inside corner... put the small table and other lamp at the other end of the sofa.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Thanks Lyn - The buffet is higher than the window ledge - is that ok?

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    11 days ago

Yes, on the swivel chair. It seems as if you only have room for one more chair. as for color, Do they have a color that matches your recliners? that would balance out the room. Unless of course you’re going to replace the recliners with white ones. If they don’t have it in colors that would match the recliners then the dark blue close to the color of the couch would be better. Adding A white piece of furniture in the room would throw off the balance.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Thank you Mae Day organizing and designing- I hope to replace the recliners - smaller - white would be marvelous but they get a lot of use ( and abuse) so I would need a more sensible color. So I guess I need a deep blue for the chair ? I am in florida- can it be velvet ? I would then need a rug…

• PRO
    11 days ago

If you’re going to replace the recliners then yes make sure that they are all the same color. Three chairs the same color. The type of material is your choice. I suggest that they have Scotchgard or some type of fabric protection to help with any future cleaning or spots. Since you have a white floor, you could get a rug with some blue in it that would pull in the colors of your couch and kitchen counter with white in it. Best of luck and best wishes.

• PRO
    11 days ago

As suggested earlier, you could get Ottomans that match the new chairs and use them as extra seating when guests arrive.

• Lyla M
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Hi Mae Day - earlier suggestions of lovely benches and stools and ottomans are not realistic for long visits for seniors- comfortable chairs or sofa makes them happy - not able to relax perched on a bench or ottoman. I love the suggestion that the 3 chairs in the room be in the same color. How do I match them to the dark blue sofa? Darker? Lighter? Really really appreciate inspirations.