Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
livingmydreamtoday

Hancock & Moore Architects Sofa

Hi,

My husband and I like the Hancock and Moore architect sofa. The sofa width is 101" so instead of a second sofa, we thought we buy side chairs.

I'm not sure what type of side chair would look good with this sofa so I was hoping someone would give us some suggestions.

Here is the sofa:

Thank you!

Comments (10)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    13 days ago

I'm not a fan of the arm height or all the nailhead trim on the sofa you like. For that reason, I think whatever chairs you select must be simple in their design to not compete with the sofa.

Any of these other H&M sofas would be preferable. But it's just an opinion.

If I were looking for a sofa with a tall arm height I would select one of these with a bench seat.

livingmydreamtoday thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

I think you will need to keep it very very simple

What room is this going in?

I only ask, as couches are a bit like a Christmas tree, and they always seem to grow when you get them in the house.

Hickory Chair, below

livingmydreamtoday thanked JAN MOYER
  • Kendrah
    13 days ago

Can you show us pics of the room it is going in, say more about your style, the look of the space? Other colors? You can go in so many different directions with this sofa.

Do you want leather or fabric? Neutral, black, or other colors? Something rounded to contrast the chunkiness or another hefty square type chair? An ottoman?

This Room and Board Bram chair comes in many leather colors, different leg finish options, with or without ottoman.

livingmydreamtoday thanked Kendrah
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    13 days ago

Did you actally sit in that sofa? I am tall and those armrests look really awkward. As for chairs we need a ton more info .

livingmydreamtoday thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • livingmydreamtoday
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I will attach a picture of our livingroom. When we do or sofas they will be in leather, in a chocolate brown. We are all tall in our family, so seat depth is important. I like making our room comfy and cozy. The architect sofa is completly different from anything we've owned. We currently have two Hancock and Moore September sofas, bought them 20 yrs ago. We like traditional furniture with a little contempory look too. I like other more, such as the Rugy, but it has a slightly tilted back and I'm not sure how that would feel sitting on it. I am open to all comments!

• livingmydreamtoday
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Hi, yes I have sat on the sofa, and I agree the arms are high. This couch has the seat depth which is important to us with our long legs. We've had the Septemeber sofa for 20 years and have enjoyed it very much> . I would buy a similar sofa in leather if I could find one in a store. The Rugby and Doyle sofas are pretty, but I haven't found one in a store to sit on, which is a must for us when buying a sofa. It's very frustrating for us. What do you think of those sofas? I am open to all comments and opinions! Thank you!

• Paul F.
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

In a casual search I couldn't find a picture of anyone actually sitting on this sofa. AI added this man to your pic so I don't know how accurate the scale is. Bringing the arm so far up from what you are used to might be a surprise for you in terms of comfort. I have to have the ability to lay down occasionally on my sofas so the arm would be a problem for me.

livingmydreamtoday thanked Paul F.
  • TanCalGal
    13 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

I like the look of the two 20 year old sofas. Can you have them re-upholstered?

livingmydreamtoday thanked TanCalGal
  • livingmydreamtoday
    Original Author
    12 days ago

I like both styles, I will check with stores that carry H&M to see if these styles are on their floor. Both sofas have the high back too with removable cushions which I also want.

I like the idea of two sofas the same length so there's enough seating room. I agree with you the Danvers and Emilio sofas would be look much better than the September sofa in our living room.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, you were very helpful!