Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marsgoat

How much will this pool table sell for?

marsgoat
17 days ago

We inherited a pool table that we don't use and want to get rid of. I was told that it's worth several thousand dollars but I'm not sure how to evaluate this and how much to price it at. So my questions are:

1. Any advice on how much I should sell it for (pic attached)?

2. How do I go about selling it? Craigslist or a store that buys and sells pool tables? Asking because it's so bulky and I've read that it takes forever on CL for this reason.

A couple other things: it's in pretty good condition, though it's old and looks a little worn. I can't find any model name or number on it.

Thank you very much!

Comments (10)

• A Mat
    17 days ago

Your table is a white elephant.

marsgoat thanked A Mat
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    17 days ago
    last modified: 17 days ago

WAH and true : )

Note!

You are very much allowed to refuse the inherited...........anything. Just say "thank you, but NO."

• Kendrah
    17 days ago

Scan your local craiglist, EBay, or FB marketplace to see how much others similar to yours are listed for and how long ago they were posted. This is your competition. Are they offering free delivery and set up, do they have sticks and balls included, is it newly felted?

With little information about yours, a super quick scan of EBay seems like you could price yours around $1200 and it would sit or you could price it below $800 and maybe you'd get some interest.

I'd donate it to an afterschool program or club house. But, it can be hard to donate really heavy items as many organizations don't have the labor to move such heavy objects.

marsgoat thanked Kendrah
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    17 days ago

Which is the why, of the white elephant....

• Jupidupi
    16 days ago

If you can find a store that deals in pool tables, I'd go with that. They may not pay as much, but they would know how to pick it up. The last thing you want is to sell the table for a good price and then have your home get damaged by inept movers.

marsgoat thanked Jupidupi
  • marsgoat
    Original Author
    16 days ago

Thank you all for your input! I will start by calling local pool table dealers.

• Mrs. S
    16 days ago
    last modified: 16 days ago

A relative had an old (but very nice looking) pool table. She sells stuff on OfferUp quite a bit (and trades up furniture; she has real talent for it). She got $600 for theirs and didn't have trouble selling it. People also have a lot of success on FB Marketplace. We are in So Cal.

In response to others' comments: She had the pool table already moved into the garage. You're not having buyers coming into your house, and have someone else there with you at all times.

marsgoat thanked Mrs. S
  • chispa
    16 days ago

If you bough a new one you would pay several thousand dollars, but selling a used one will get you very little. We had a nicer table than the one shown and we just left it when we sold the house. We asked the buyers if they wanted it for free and they accepted. It would have cost us several hundred dollars to have someone take it apart to get it out of the house.

marsgoat thanked chispa
  • Jennz9b
    16 days ago

This is one of those items that costs more to move than its actually worth IMHO.

marsgoat thanked Jennz9b