Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_450829497

looking who designed and or manufactured this vanity

HU-450829497
last month
last modified: last month

looking designer and manufacturer of bedroom set .

Comments (13)

• jck910
    last month

Usually the manufacturer is marked on the drawer.

HU-450829497 thanked jck910
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    26 days ago

Have you examined it all over, inside and out yet?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    25 days ago

No idea, but I love the drawer pulls and the trim. The pieces look like a bit of art nouveau (drawer pulls)/art deco. Very nice pieces.

• blubird
    25 days ago

And check the back of the mirror

• RedRyder
    25 days ago

Pull out every drawer and look on the insides. Check the back of the dresser, and mirror.

• Helen
    9 days ago

Not sure why you need the manufacturer.

This is Waterfall style furniture which was mass produced by numerous manufacturers during the 1930's and 1940's. It has vaguely Art Deco lines.

The manufacturer has no impact on its value. Value is based on condition and to some extent uniqueness of the style.

I have this as my bedroom furniture and recently had it restored/refinished after 20 years of hard use by me and I bought it used.

It is not particularly valuable as there is a lot of it around - conditions varying

Yours is not as ornate as many of them as many have very fancy veneer patterns for the wood and the hardware is more typically Art Deco in feel.

The cost to restore my set was much more than what it would have cost to purchase new relatively high quality furniture like Restoration Hardware and equivalent but I still liked the style so it I just kept it when I remodeled and redecorated.

HU-450829497 thanked Helen
  • btydrvn
    9 days ago

It has also been a long while since dark bedroom furniture was dominant in the market..in general..

• Helen
    9 days ago
    last modified: 6 days ago

@btydrvn The veneer is repairable by a talented wood worker My bedroom suite had damaged veneer which was repaired beautifully so it looks better than new. It isn’t cheap to have it restored though as you need to hire a talented craftsmen

The guy who restored my furniture also built of my custom cabinets for kitchen and bathroom as well as my office built ins and my dining room table which is a replica of a French Art Deco table I had fallen in love with after seeing a picture

• HU-450829497
    Original Author
    9 days ago

I have the bed , dresser , hope chest , vanity everything but the chair that goes with the vanity . I was hoping if i could find who made the set i might can find the chair .

• btydrvn
    9 days ago

I wonder if these came in larger sizes.. because I thought they came with a bench

• Helen
    8 days ago

@btydrvn I have never seen a Waterfall vanity that was larger than this one. Some came with benches - some came with chairs but I never saw the "seat" small enough to slide under the vanity - and the middle section is too low for one to slide one's legs under as is typically of desk or table seating.

In terms of OP, the benches/seats I have seen are not generally veneered or in a particular "Waterfall" style. There don't seem to be many of them around for whatever reason.

I think the best option would be to get seating that is in the spirit of the era. A fabulous upholstered slipper chair is classic vanity seating. Or something in lucite would provide a bit of Hollywood Regency flair.

HU-450829497 thanked Helen
  • RedRyder
    7 days ago

I think @Helen is right.

HU-450829497 thanked RedRyder