Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ethan_bui29

Quartz that Looks Like Marble

E B
last month

I know, I know. This topic is like beating a dead horse. So I think I’ve finally found a quartz that comes closest to the marble veining that I want without the crazy price tag and the maintenance. It’s called Statuario Nasquar by the Nash Stone Group. Has anybody used this and are their actual photos of it being installed in a kitchen?
https://nashstonegroup.com/2023/04/statuario-nasquar/

Comments (24)

• chicagoans
    last month
    last modified: last month

Did you see the slab(s) you need in person? There have been a couple of posts here from people whose quartz slabs were a different tone / color than the samples they got, but considered within the normal variation range for the manufacturers. I don't know if Nash Stone Group is one of those mentioned, but it would be good to check their policies and even better to select your slab(s) in person.

Sorry I realize I'm not answering your questions; just hoping to spare any possible disappointment.

• just_janni
    last month

you do really need to see this stuff in person. So many folks getting someting different in the actual slabs than they expected from photos.

• E B
    Original Author
    last month

I would love to see it in person but unfortunately they’re based in NY and I’m VA. I might just pay them a visit to check it out before talking to my fabricator about taking delivery.

• Kendrah
    last month

Absolutely see any countertop in person before purchasing. I used to have marble and wanted a quartz that looks like marble in my next kitchen. I just wanted easier maintance. But no quatz looks remotely like marble. I'm telling you, they all look like a blown up photograph of marble on plastic. I abandoned my marble and quartz quest for different countertops entirely.

• Monique
    last month

No, that doesn’t really look like marble. It still looks fake.

• imgmom
    last month

Sorry, that looks nothing like marble.

• vinmarks
    last month

That looks like the formica bathroom countertops my parents put into their brand new house in the late 1960's. It was paired with blue sinks, tub and toilet.

• M Miller
    last month

Your best bet for installing Quartz counters in your kitchen is NOT to go far afield. You want the customer service and local fabricators and installers with lots of experience and interaction with a manufacturer. And really, Quartz that is designed to "look like marble" is ubiquitous. You should be able to find that "look" with local suppliers of the mainstream manufacturers like Cambria, Silestone, LG Viatara to name a few. I don't find that pattern in your OP distinctive from the dozens of other "marble look" Quartz patterns available.

With Quartz patterns that have veins, just be aware of your counters turning corners and whether it will be important to you for those vein patterns to flow, since it is more difficult and costly to do that with Quartz. That is the main reason why I like to recommend Quartz patterns that do not have a specific flow direction the way that your pictured one does. I prefer a more random pattern, or no pattern.

• E B
    Original Author
    last month

Really photo of the slab is a bit disappointing.

• E B
    Original Author
    last month

I would love real marble but it’s too expensive and I’m not one to upkeep maintenance.

• millworkman
    last month

" Really photo of the slab is a bit disappointing. "

And remember the slabs are poured so the next batch may be very different, though that could be good or bad, I suppose.

• Lynn Lou
    last month

You want quartz because you don't want marble (totally get it...I have Cambria quartz...who wants the upkeep and maintenance of marble!?). So find a quartz pattern that you LOVE and don't try to find one that looks like marble (because it never will). Please go and look at them in person if possible. And nothing wrong with white cabinets if that is what YOU want :) Good luck with your project!

• Kendrah
    last month

I hear you on loving marble but not the expense of upkeep. Does anyone know if there is a granite that has a vibe or coloring similar to marble?

• PRO
    Zumi
    last month

Carrarra marble is about $45 a square foot. It is very far from expensive. Shadow Storm is about $60. Cheaper than quartz. The price goes up as the drama goes up. Drama can be something else.

• eld6161
    last month
    last modified: last month

I have Silestone quartz in my Florida home. it is the perfect choice for that kitchen.

That said, it isn’t a stand in for something else. It’s just a counter that is white with some lveining. Light and airy. Easy maintenance.

I absolutely agree to go as local as you can. See the slab. Be a part of how it is fabricated.

There are certainly other materials such as Corian and of course granite.

I would only go with a top rated company for quartz,

• E B
    Original Author
    last month

So I’ve found a quartz that I like even better. It’s called Teltos Lussuria. Anyone has experience with this quartz?

• Kendrah
    last month

No experience. This was the only pic I could find in an actual kitchen, from the manufacturer's website.

• M Z
    last month

I and the 9 likes agree with you RoyHobbs , @darbuka comment was very inappropriate. Please do not let her negativity effect you and your project @E B It will look good either way :) - she's left hateful and miserable comments on many posts. Nothing better to do then harass people.

• darbuka
    last month

Should I lie, and say that’s a perfect match for marble? It isn’t. I prefer to not to lead the OP astray.

• RoyHobbs
    last month

@darbuka no one said you should lie. Your comments (one of them on this thread was deleted) can be derogatory, even vicious, and that is unnecessary and does not help anyone. Perhaps exorcise your demons on IG or TikTok where it is more acceptable than on Houzz.

• Lynn Lou
    last month

@darbuka It’s one thing to say, no I don’t think that is a good match to marble. But your now deleted comment was rude, inappropriate and not helpful to OP. You don’t have to spend much time on here to know you don’t like quartz. Guess what, there are plenty of others who do like it. You knocking it at every opportunity is getting old.

• E B
    Original Author
    last month

@darbuka I’m not sure who wronged you but you seemed bitter for no reason at all. I’m not even sure what your purpose here is. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last month

"You knocking it at every opportunity is getting old."

Correct and darbuka isn't the only one in the "let's look down our noses at engineered stone" club. Tiresome.