Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krlang

Help Up-level Big Master Closet!

krlang
3 months ago

Design and decorating lovers, need your help! Always appreciate your advice. Thanks for sharing ideas to up level my master walk-in closet. It’s a WIP so excuse the dust/disorganization. Shoe wall framing done, quartz counter in (mirror to be installed behind). Need ideas for:

1. paint/drawer painted w/ new pulls? Like SW agreeable beige perhaps? Keep rest all white with painted drawers?
  2. functionality of back wall (more hanging space needed - solve where existing mirrors are?) mirror on pillar?
  3. pants/ overflow boots nook. Needs a rethink. Need a jewelry solution.
    4)any other design ideas (chandelier, other task lighting, wallpaper on back wall? rug, bench- DH says no island for jewelry b/c he wants the space.

DH 2 non-negotiables:

1. no island
  2. no monochrome all over paint due to no desire to paint casing trim that’s white all over entire house

Thanks for your ideas!

Comments (9)

• Lyn Nielson
    3 months ago

let your clothing be the color. Paint the walls and ceiling the same color as existing trim.

My first though on looking at the pix. Have you already done a great edit?

That;s what I am doing right now... severe edit. Put your best foot forward.

Then organize for efficient use.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 months ago

Please dd the cad drawing of feet and inches in the design, EXACTLY within this?

It shouldn't be a "work in progress", as the real work should come prior to installing a closet to nooks and crannies.

The cubbie areas with the mirrors seems to be a wasted space.

It might be camera angle, but what is the purpose of mirror behind the drawer area? Appears far too low to be an asset, and it's a loss loss of space for jewelry organizing.

A single full length mirror on the back of entry door to replace those ?

Need a foot and inch layout of the existing space to be more helpful

• chispa
    3 months ago

A lot of wasted space with walls dividing the hanging/storage space, but too late to fix those issues. Just keep it all one color.

I would want a couple of sturdy round stools for sitting while putting on shoes.

An "up-level" closet is one that is neat and organized at all times! Just work on that.

• HU-187528210
    3 months ago

This is where I’d start

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

You have to try and draw the space, add dimensions

There's a lot of space lost to framing and fixed shelves. Most of the clothes seem to hang, little folded.

Those back nooks that are mirrored? Perhaps shoes one side, handbags the other

Hard to say without more info

• HU-334514391
    3 months ago

Thanks - got that idea covered on our shoe wall. HD is trimming it out nicely. Agree on wasted space where hanging clothes are, but we’re trying to best work with what was here when prior owners built this closet. I never have the heart to rip
    and replace. Thx for comment.

• HU-187528210
    3 months ago

That looks great!! 💗💗

• AnnKH
    3 months ago

I see a lot of wasted space above clothes rods. Move those up as high as you can, giving space at the floor for shoe shelves or boxes.

Same with the space above the closet units - I store out of season clothes near the ceiling, since I only need to reach it twice a year.

I see potentially more hanging space in your third photo - that eye-level shelf can come out, and 2 hanging rods put in that space.

Do you use all the drawers? Is it convenient for you to remember what's in each drawer? I would either label them with a labelmaker, or change some of the drawers to open shelves, depending on your needs.

I have jewelry storage in our bedroom that I love! I bought the top piece at a craft fair, and made the bottom one. It looks like you have enough wall space to do something like this:

• PRO
    Wiles Design Group
    10 days ago

You could easily replace one, or both of your mirrors, with a mirror that opens and contains storage behind it for jewelry. Please see the last two images:

Transitional Update · More Info

Transitional Update · More Info

Master Bathroom Retreat · More Info

Midwest Master Suite · More Info