Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_73062965

MOHAWK REVWOOD - I’m stuck & Need help with picking a color!

Jenn Miller
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

We have narrowed down floors to Mohawk Revwood. I originally wanted Sailor’s Rope Oak or Nantucket Beig, but after seeing samples(first pic), its too busy/has too much movement in the grain pattern. I like a few colors in the select line, but I know that line isn’t as ”waterproof”. I would love to know your experience with Revwood, the line/color you have and see pictures. Thanks!!!!

Comments (47)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 months ago

I would need to see your space and what is the huge need for waterproof. IMO there is no flooring that is actually waterproof even tile unless layed on a concrete floor is not waterproof . As for the colors thta can only be decided by you in your space . IMO the last 2 pics the floor is yellow toned is taht what you want. Flooring is chosen to work with the furniure and your lighting.

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

We have 3 kids who spill stuff & leave ice cubes sit on the floor after they’ve got a drink. we also have a dog who makes a mess with water and ans elderly cat who may at some point become incontinent, so i would like the floor to be able to withstand water to some degree. As far as colors, our house is very neutral. Walls are currently BM Egdecomb grey, but may be changed to SW Crushed Ice.We are replacing the floor because we had a dishwasher leak, so we also have to replace all the cabinets in the kitchen, but they will still be white and new counters will be white quarts. Below are pictures of a few other samples, as well as the entire downstairs which is small, only 876sq ft total.

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Here are a few more options, as well as pics of the entire downstairs. We have kids and pets, so i would like the floor to be able to withstand spills and what not.

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

I dont know why the pictures are so blurry, but if you click on them become clear.

• Laura Craig
    5 months ago

What colora are you choosing from? I am in the process of making my final choice (i think!) and have it narrowed down to sand dune and toasted timber oak. I like the size of sand dune but worry its too yellow. The toasted timber oak is a plus line but only 8mm thick. Its a tough choice!

• Jessica
    5 months ago

I felt the same about Sailor’s Rope and Nantucket Beige. We decided on Golden Sand Oak but haven’t ordered it yet. It’s lighter than we thought we’d choose but less busy!

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Laura, I have got samples of so many so far😩 Sailor’s Rope & Nantucket beige were both to busy with too many knots. Sand Dune was nice, but looked darker in my house than in pictures I've seen online and I don't love the beveled edge. Bleached Linen looks too light and again I don’t like the bevel. Soft Chamois Oak, is too grey and so is Sail Cloth. Toasted Timber is too warm I think. I meant to get a sample of the Palm City Golden Oak, but I forgot. I just cant seem to find a color I love in the plus or premier.

Just curious, when you type on here does it mess up your words and go super slow like it does to me? wondering if its my browser or the sight.

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Jessica, I meant to get a sample of Golden Sand, but I forgot to grab it. its so hard to tell what it will look like once laid, especially when your putting it against your existing flooring. i think it has to affect how you percive the color.

• Laura Craig
    5 months ago

Jenn, i could have written my post in your exact words! I dont want busy with all the knots and stripes, as i call them. Thats why Im drawn to the sand dune. I dont mind the edges on it though. Your take on Timber Oak being too warm is good! i worry its something my 75 year old mother would pick 😂. Someone pointed out to me that McAfee Home Living on instagram has the sand dune. i scoured through her photos and it looks nice and might just convince me to choose that. AND yes the typing on this is horrible! i tried talking through Siri and that was a disaster!

• Jenn Miller
    Original Author
    5 months ago

I am going to check out her page! After all the great reviews on Revwood, i dont want to get anything else, but if i cant find a color i love, i might have to:(

• etravel3965
    5 months ago

Laura Craig..what is the sample on the very far white on your picture? We are wanting a lighter, beige toned floor and that one looks pretty!

• Laura Craig
    5 months ago

Etravel- do you mean the photo with 5 samples? i think that one was sailors rope. its part of yhe premier line and very pretty. just had too much variat and knots for me. i returned all my samples to the flooring store.

• S T W
    5 months ago

Jessica K— do you have any updates on the golden sand oak yet? We are ordering in the next couple weeks after 2+ months of deciding on a color!

• Jessica
    5 months ago

S T W,

It’s supposed to ship soon! I will post an update once I receive!

• Katie Parker
    5 months ago

Our experience with Revwood Plus has been very positive so far. It’s been about six months and we have it in kitchen, bath, hall, and common areas. We chose a light color called Nimbus Oak, pictured.

• S T W
    5 months ago

Thank you for sharing, @katie Parker! It looks beautiful in your home!

• Jessica
    5 months ago

Golden Sand Oak arrived. It will be a slow install, but I wanted to show the color! Happy with our color choice!

• S T W
    5 months ago

I love it! Can’t wait to get our sample box in and get a better idea of how it’ll look in our house. Yay for being happy with your choice!

• S T W
    5 months ago

A few pics of our sample box. The tone Looks very different depending on the lighting! I love it and think it’s exactly the overall look we are going for. In bright natural light it’s more washed out but in darker rooms it’s more honey/gold. Love the texture of it too.

• S T W
    3 months ago

@Jessica K— any updates on install of your floors? We had a delay for a leak in our kitchen but about to get back on schedule

• Jessica
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

@S T W—We haven’t even started. We are doing ourselves, so we need to buy some tools. We plan on starting in the next couple of weeks.

• Jessica
    2 months ago

This is my husband’s first time laying flooring, so it has been a slow process. He’s almost done with this room. This is Golden Sand Oak.

• Livia Cristina
    2 months ago

It looks great! I'm so over samples as well, been spending months looking at everything and nothing is quite perfect. I liked Sand dune like others mentioned but I'm worried it's too dark and 'organic modern' for my home. I also preferred something from the Plus or Premier lines so I finally settled on Golden Sand Oak as well. Now to order and wait for install! The samples really do look different in different lighting.

• S T W
    last month

@jessica K I love it! We had ours installed in February and I love it more every day. Color was exactly that light blonde oak tone we were looking for. Now I just need to get a new rug and all new furniture 😆 domino effect!

• Jessica
    last month

@S T W…It looks beautiful! we are sooooo slow at installing, but we love the color too!

• Livia Cristina
    last month

Wow the golden sand oak looks beautiful and warm in your space. The sample looked washed out and grey in mine. Maybe i need to get a box

• Paula F
    last month

Hi. STW and Jessica. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and pics. I c at decide between the Nantucket beige and golden sand oak 😭😭. I don’t want stripes or too many knots because I think that looks more rustic. You both said Nantucket had too many knots and stripes right? Did you get a box of the Nantucket or was it just from the sample.

The golden sand looks beautiful. My concern is that it will be too yellow. Is that the case or is it more light brown beige.

Thank you so much for your help. It’s so hard to tell with samples and lighting.

• Jessica
    last month
    last modified: last month

@Paula F

Golden Sand Oak is a nice muted wood tone with just enough variation. We didn’t want a lot of stripes or knots either! Of course, how the flooring looks will be dependent on the lighting. Here’s a picture this morning before natural light is available.

• Livia Cristina
    last month

Here are my samples of golden sand oak in various rooms in the early evening. They look so washed out, your lighting, furniture and paint can make a huge difference. I'm worried they will be too washed out and pale after installing.

• Paula F
    last month

Hi everyone. So I was able to find a box of Nantucket beige. I’m leaning towards they at this point. The golden sand looks washed out and “cold” in my opinion. My home has lots of light and I’ve been reading it is reflective. It’s beautiful @jessice love the pics and I appreciate you posting. But it may not work for me. But I’m still I. Limbo 😭😭😭😭. I wish I had an entire box of golden sand beige. Here are pics from this morning by the front door. You can see the golden sand in the far left. Just the first four pieces (up to the sample) what do you guys think

• Paula F
    last month

These are pics from last night the blue arrows are the golden sand beige.

• Paula F
    last month

I h ok early don’t know what to do. But I am leaving towards Nantucket beige. I will be moving all planks around the house the entire day and I’ll take pics if it helps anyone ;)

• Paula F
    last month

Sorry about spelling above. I meant to say I really don’t know what to do. And *leaning towards Nantucket

• Jessica
    last month

@Paula F It does look washed out in your lighting. Crazy how different it is to mine!

• Jessica
    last month

@Paula F Also, it likely depends on the batch you get too!

• la_la Girl
    last month

Folllowing

• Paula F
    last month

@jessica did you have your baseboard already. The options for me is they pull the baseboards and then put them back after on top of floor (with the gap under the baseboard) or they leave the baseboard pull out current floor from under baseboard but then when they put new floor they will need a thin baseshoe molding to cover the gap. Did you or anyone have this issue

• Jessica
    last month
    last modified: last month

@Paula F Unfortunately, yes. I would have much rather have put floors in and then baseboards so we didn’t have to use any moulding to cover the gaps. But, baseboards were already there and since we are DIY, removing and replacing seemed too tedious. We opted to use cove moulding instead of quarter round.

• Paula F
    last month

More pics. In the bedroom. Again the golden looks almost grey white

• Paula F
    last month

So again Nantucket vs the three pieces of golden age

• Paula F
    last month

@jessica. Can you post a pic of the baseboard with the cove moulding. Never heard of that. I don’t mind the quarter round. It makes the floor and baseboard look more finished imo. I like it. More expensive look I think. 🤷‍♀️

• Jessica
    last month

@Paula F Not my picture since we are still working on ours, but here’s an image I found online to give you an example.

• Jessica
    last month

@Paula F Also, I am thinking maybe Golden Sand Oak looks a bit washed out mostly due to it being placed on a much darker floor placed next to Nantucket which is darker. Nantucket also has a lot of variation. Maybe try placing Golden Sand on top of a neutral backdrop away from Nantucket to see if it looks different.

• Paula F
    last month

Thank you. Theoukding looks great. I already decided and ordered Nantucket. I’m done with the being in limbo. 😳. I slept so much better knowing decision is made. And that’s that ;)!

• Jessica
    last month

I know what you mean! I was ready to just be done. Now I sort of wish we hired someone since we are so slow DIY!

• Sarah s
    11 days ago

@Paula F any updates? Did you install the Nantucket Beige?