Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What is Baking This Week in Your Oven?

I have a peach dump cake baking right now. What are you baking or planning on baking this week?

Sue

Comments (30)

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

What was baking last night was a failed batch of pita bread. I couldn't get the pans hot enough for them to puff up without a baking stone. Live and learn. Puffless pita is my answer.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked l pinkmountain
  • happy2b…gw
    3 years ago

I wanted to make a plum tart, but we ate all the plums. The tomatoes continue to ripen, isi I am still roasting tomatoes and freezing them.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked happy2b…gw
  • glenda_al
    3 years ago

brownie brittle

That's it for now

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked glenda_al
  • chloebud
    3 years ago

Thinking about making Ina G's Apple Pie Bars again. DH wants lemon bars so maybe both.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked chloebud
  • cooper8828
    3 years ago

I'm going to make whole wheat rolls. If anyone has a recipe they love, feel free to post it! :)

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked cooper8828
  • Rusty
    3 years ago

Nothing, still way too hot here!

Rusty

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Rusty
  • Claudia W
    3 years ago

Apple cake-- mostly as a platform for the brown sugar frosting. Using KAF recipe.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Claudia W
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 years ago

I was gifted with a big bag of ripe pears. I have been eating them as-is and in a salad (with blue cheese and walnuts!) but still have a bunch. Will be making pear crisp this afternoon.

Also have a hunger for sausage rolls and plan on making a batch of those as soon as I pick up some puff pastry sheets.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

I made meatloaf last evening, and since the oven was on, a potato casserole. Other than potato salad, we haven't been eating potatoes, since DD raised lots of zucchini and other squash this year. I was craving potatoes.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • Elizabeth
    3 years ago

New York style cheesecake. When chilled, it will be topped with strawberries.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Elizabeth
  • lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
    3 years ago

Baked apple cider donuts. I made them in my donut pans and they were so tasty!

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/baked-apple-cider-donuts/

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
  • User
    3 years ago

I'm making a orange date cake

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked User
  • sheilajoyce_gw
    3 years ago

Baked a double batch of Tyrolean Hard Cakes and mailed half to my sister. We are addicted to them, we have discovered, and I feel like I am her pusher!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked sheilajoyce_gw
  • nicole___
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

They're giving away meatless OZO, sold in the meat department of grocery stores. It showed up in the "free" section of my store card. Eating vegetarian burgers has always been one of those...."I can't believe how they do that" experiences. ☺ I discovered if I add a beef bouillon cube to the meat, I can duplicate that flavor. WOW! Not bad!....it's a pretty good imitation. Made a pot of red chili with it. ☺ Baking cornbread to go with it.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nicole___
  • lucillle
    3 years ago

Yesterday I baked a chicken pot pie with a drop biscuit topping, it came out very well. Probably tomorrow I will make a cheesecake.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lucillle
  • ci_lantro
    3 years ago

Cornbread so far. Maybe apple crisp later in the week.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ci_lantro
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 years ago

So far, made a loaf of honey wheat bread, banana bread muffins w/ walnut topping and strawberry banana muffins with macadamia nut topping, also a pan of roasted chicken legs with potatoes and cauliflower. Making more of my addictive cracker bread today, as soon as hubby gets out of the kitchen.

Several orders back, Walmart gave me a couple of freebie packets of Seeds of Change lemon garlic seasoning in 2 bagfuls of free samples and I used that for the chicken dinner - the potatoes and chicken came out delicious, the cauliflower, just so-so.

Our weather is finally cooling off a bit - the high is 87F today - a cold snap!

FWIW, found this versatile muffin recipe @ marthastewart.com. I use a bit more fruit, 2 whole eggs instead of the 1 +1 yolk, and sprinkle chopped nuts on top instead of sugar - used part whole wheat flour too. Last week, I made a batch with 2 cups chopped apples and cinnamon and they came out lovely:

https://www.marthastewart.com/1120925/one-batter-four-muffins

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • hallngarden
    3 years ago

Whole chicken with carrots,onion,potatoes,cabbage. Glenda’s chocolate cake. Tomorrow I will use leftover meat and veggies for soup.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked hallngarden
  • artemis_ma
    3 years ago

Chicken wings.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked artemis_ma
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

@carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b, I am so curious about the Walmart goodie bags. My daughter gets them, too - she lives in another town. I have never receive even one from my Super Walmart. My daughter shops at a Walmart Neighborhood store. Do you shop at a neighborhood store or a super store? Just curious.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 years ago

I shop @ a superstore, curbside pickup every week for months now. I also do the customer surveys - signed up for them, actually.

I've gotten the goodie bags twice now - the double one was some kind of glitch. Yes, they had some true goodies in them.

Might be a customer appreciation thing. I know some stores get promotional items from suppliers - partially as test marketing, I think. There were a number of coupons included, but I haven't used any - not sure how when doing curbside.

Sorry for the topic swerve, but HTH.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • Judy Good
    3 years ago

Just made my favorite brownie recipe. You don't count calories with this one, lol. Chocolate cookies per request this weekend and ham and potato scalloped meal.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Judy Good
  • Mary506
    3 years ago

Made a caramelized upside down apple cake. One of my husbands favorite.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Mary506
  • booberry85
    3 years ago

Apple pies - one gluten free, one friendly to no one but delicious!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked booberry85
  • ghostlyvision
    3 years ago

I baked a pizza on Mon. and choc. chip cookies yesterday, I have been craving meatloaf all summer and now that it's cooled off enough to use the oven (the last three days anyway), I can't believe I forgot about meatloaf! That will be next, as soon as I thaw some ground beef. lol

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ghostlyvision
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Pound cake just went into the oven.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • lindac92
    3 years ago

Bread....I am in a rut......and drooling over what you all are baking. Got a big yen for chicken pot pie.....and an apple cake, with cake gravy.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lindac92
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

The words ""cake gravy" sure grabbed my attention, @lindac92. Would you mind sharing, please.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It is good, cake gravy, a thin pudding.

Sue