Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindac92

OMG choclate sauce

lindac92
5 years ago

Some years back I had a recipe that was called something like this...or chocolate sauce to die for...or something else over the top.....and...because I rarely use a recipe, I just memorize them......but I forgot this one.

About all I remember is it was made with baking chocolate and sugar in the blender.....and you heated cream and poured it over the stuff in the blender. There may have been butter....surely there was....and Kayro...maybe and maybe brown sugar....a pinch of salt and some vanilla....

Anyone have this? you could use it warm right away and it made a lot....so you could keep the rest and rewarm.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Comments (24)

• bragu_DSM 5
    5 years ago

my grandmother had a similar recipe, but no blender, just bring to boil in a pot. there was never any left to put in the fridge.

• lindac92
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks! I think the OMG factor is contingent on the quality of the chocolate used.....

• sooz
    5 years ago

You may remember seeing this photo of chocolate fudge sauce I made--it was years ago. I don't think I used a blender.

I just figured it's the perfect post to include a photo of chocolate sauce (the recipe is around here somewhere!!!!).

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

You know, I hesitated to open this thread because I know myself:)

So, inquiring minds, Lindac -- Not that you ever need a specific reason for having this incredible chocolate sauce available (I'm looking at all the potential dippers I have available: strawberries, pretzels, even Ritz crackers in a pinch) but is there a specific dessert your making? Or is ice cream just calling:)

sooz -- that photo should be outlawed HA!

CathyinSWPA

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Will this turn out ok on stove top? I think I remember a disaster the last time I added boiling liquid to my blender lol.

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

sooz, that's just cruel. : )

cathy, and you're even more cruel... (would that be cruel-er??) Why did you have to ask and then make suggestions??? I want something, anything, with chocolate sauce drizzled on it.

Great, now I want a cruller with chocolate sauce.

• Susan Tencza
    5 years ago

was going to post the fudge sauce recipe I use and realized it was the same one as the 1st poster - had it tagged on pintrest

• bcskye
    5 years ago

Ironically, the last couple of days I've wanted to find a good chocolate sauce recipe. Perfect timing for this post to appear and be answered.

Madonna

• foodonastump
    5 years ago

Well here’s a thread with Ann’s recipe on it. Also on the thread is sooz’s picture and booberry having the same EXACT reaction as 2MD just had!

https://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2456359/homemade-hot-fudge-sauce

• sooz
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Notice the spoon in the photo.

Notice the absence of any kind of dippers.

No need for dippers, and if you have a spoon, well, it's more polite to use the spoon, than it is eating the chocolate sauce like poi. LOL!

• plllog
    5 years ago

When I was out with friends in high school we had some kind of non-solid fudge that ended up being eaten like poi. It was excellent. We were dressed up. There was also something with whipped cream (in the picture in my mind) so I think it must have been ice cream? With a poi dish of not too hot fudge? I don't remember the flavor, but I remember that it was totally awesome.

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

"Notice the spoon in the photo." sooz - HA! When we look through pics, my kids tag really good ones as "frameable." I'm thinking yours is def honor-worthy:)

CathyinSWPA

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

I did make this tonight after dinner. It would have been better if I could have gotton better chocolate but in this quiet dairy town and using the term town is a stretchhhh... Ghirardelli semi sweet chips is the best I can get. It was really good but we know the better the chocolate the better the outcome...silky smooth. My grands had a hot fudge sundae this evening and loved it. I just licked the spoon...clean. Next trip I make into Pittsburgh I'll get some better chocolate.

Thank you for posting this.

Now I need a really great peanut butter topping. Lol

• plllog
    5 years ago

There's always Amazon...

I'm no judge of "really good" when it comes to peanut butter, but if you get or make the kind that's just peanuts and add some invert sugar and cream, I'd think you'd be pretty darned close. Some might like a pinch of salt. Invert sugar is easy to make, just Google it.

• sooz
    5 years ago

Awwww, shucks, Cathy - thanks ! Plllog...chocolate poi!

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

I've made homemade peanut and other nut butters, but never cared for it... couldn't get it unstuck once it hit my mouth! My honey/oil ratios must be off...

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Actually I'm talking about peanut butter sauce..ice cream topping. Wondering if I can do a PB sauce using the chocolate method above but adding PB instead of chocolate.

• plllog
    5 years ago

Mamapinky, I wouldn't use the chocolate recipe. It might come out, but they're really two different beasts. I was serious about the invert sugar and cream. So, I checked some recipes, and all the ones that looked good start with unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter. That makes sense since then you can control everything. I like Trader Joe's for baking. It's fresh enough not to be a mess. Different versions use corn syrup (Karo) and butter, or sweetened condensed milk, but it's basically the same thing: The Karo is "wetter" than invert sugar, so the butter rather than cream makes sense. The condensed milk wouldn't be as rich, but should be dead easy to execute.

Basid recipe: Add liquified sugar, dairy fat and a pinch of salt.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Pillog, Thank You. Your advice would be good so I'll try it in a few weeks. I can do invert sugar.lol.

• annie1992
    5 years ago

mamapinky, when I want really good peanut butter sauce, I make a batch of fudge and don't cook it quite long enough. That way it never sets up, but it makes a LOT. I dump it into a quart jar and microwave as much as we want. It does get firmer when it's poured over ice cream. I use the old "Fantasy Fudge" recipe from the marshmallow creme jar but probably any peanut butter fudge recipe would do. The new one doesn't work as well for me, at least when I'm making fudge!

Annie

• CA Kate z9
    5 years ago

The other afternoon I was digging thru' the pantry looking for something and got a bit putout by all the bits & pieces of chocolate I was finding. I finally took all those and even more when I decided to use all the Easter Rabbits, Christmas Solders, various chocolate treats from hotels and gifts and put the works in a double boiler and melted the All into one big puddle. I only added one pint of cream to the All and ended up with some pretty good tasting sauce. I couldn't reproduce it if I tried. ;-)

However, now there is this top layer of, I guess, cocoa butter (from the European chocolates) and butter fat from the cream. (?) I imagine it will stir-in when the jar is opened.

• bragu_DSM 5
    5 years ago

nuke it a few seconds, it'll be fine ...

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    5 years ago

Here is a link to the thread for the recipe Sooz posted:

Chocolate Fudge Sauce