What’s for Dinner #411 Late Spring 2024

neely

Roast fresh chicken with roast potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy with tarragon stuffing.

SaveComment17Like
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neely

Here is the roast chicken from the above post. The stuffing is trying to escape the bird.

1 Like Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

Cabbage, Chard, Kale, Egg Drop Soup

...side of dumplings to share

recipe link...Egg Drop Soup with Vegetables

Save    

I've said this before, but i like stumbling across some of these new-to-me recipe developers that use what is on hand rather than relying on a specific shopping list.

This is their 'quick and easy' section of recipes...link, Two Kooks in the kitchen

I like the quick appetizer using english muffins. I always have EM's in the freezer as well as mini baquets and a couple bagels. I like cutting a bagel into quarters giving 8 mini cream cheese/salmon, cucumber, capers, dill, lemon, breakfast bites for house guests.

Goat cheese, olives, artichoke hearts on toasted english muffin quarters. yum

Save    
annie1992

Oh man, Neely, that plate looks delicious!

sleevendog, I'll have to spend more time looking at that link, I saw their cheese and olive appetizers first thing, and the beef and noodles, I think the grandkids would like that.

I'm still remiss at taking pictures, although I did get a shot of this new baby, isn't she cute?

ANd this beef and broccoli stir fry with brown rice.

I have whole grain bread that I baked yesterday, I'll go take a picture!

Annie

Save    

Super cute. So fuzzy.

Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese with Prosciutto Bacon

Save    
neely

Yes very cute calf. Both your soup Sleeve and Annies‘s stir fry look really good.

By the way Annie, as you mentioned about real estate selling like crazy, well it is here as well and our dear little vacation getaway cottage is sold. I guess it’s on to somewhere else now for our “getaways” but I am a little sad and cross with DH ( D ? )

Save    
neely

I’m on an Indian food quest atm. This has been promoted by watching Rick Stein’s India for about the 6th time. I love that show … the music, the colours and of course the food. I bought his India book after watching the show for the first time and find the recipes easy to follow.

Below is butter chicken with a very easy biryani complete with my pomegranate seeds and juice. The addition of fenugreek makes the chicken dish taste more authentic. I used chicken thigh meat.

Save    

That was a quick sale. Bummer.

I like that dish. I have yogurt and broccoli on my grocery list. Chicken and beef in the freezer. We need a few more meal choices. I hope your pomegranate tree is at your main residence. 😬

Spent the afternoon pruning my Japanese maple trees and an apple tree. Dogwood trees are having their time. Rhubarb,...

Quick family favorite....pasta with shrimp and sausage, kimchi, olives, artichoke hearts, and greens.

Save    
neely

Relieved to say pomegranate tree is at our townhome. I put it in 4 years ago.

Dinner continuing my Indian craze.

There was left over butter chicken and I also made a tomato based Brinjal/Eggplant curry and a coconut based Saag Aloo/ Potato and Spinach curry.

I’m pretty much all curried out for a while now Hah!

Save    

Salmon Cakes with a Creole Remoulade

Save    
neely

Shrimp and Asian noodles with oyster sauce and chilli crisp.

Very quick and easy.

Save    
neely

Well what happened here you ask.? I had some limes given to me so I made guacamole…. fine, tasted good.

So I thought, quite frankly I’m not confident making my own Enchiladas so I’ll order in with some spicy chicken wings from a Mexican restaurant.

I made a little pico de gallo to go with the guacamole and those two were the best things to eat on the plate. I didn’t like the enchiladas at all . It had grilled chicken filling and a tomatiillo sauce with corn. I could only eat a third and I hate wasting food. The chicken wings were OK.

Save    

Tough week so have been making quick comfort favorites. No need for shopping with a stuffed crisper drawer. And freezer.

Last night lobster rolls. A few shrimp added. Salad...fennel, celery, apple, watermelon, feta.

Baked chips. A tray of russets, and a tray of beets, sweet potato, carrots. Baked low and slow.

No time for shopping so made a list of possible meals. A dozen in rotation we are both happy with. A stir fry, a noodle bowl, aranchinni, lots of salads, smoked duck breat tomorrow...

Save    
rob333 (zone 7b)

Dessert was fantastic today! Happy Mother's Day to you.

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/chocolate-cake-with-mixed-berry-and-cream-cheese-filling/

So many steps, but so worth it. So many calories. Still worth it.

Save    
neely

Lush cake rob… Black Forest Gateau. Damn I have ingredients for chocolate cake but no canned cherries and certainly no fresh here at this time of the year. Think I’ll still make the cake though.

Last nights dinner or late afternoon should I say. Some family came around for an informal meal for Mother’s Day.

pork chop with veg, gravy and mustard.

Save    
neely

DH cooked while I minded the older grandsons 2 & 4. He made a dish of chicken with olives and mustard served over pasta. I really enjoyed it and so grateful to him for taking over as I was tired after little ones had gone home.

Save    

We had pasta last night as well. Spaghettoni (thick spaghetti) with merguez, olives, artichoke hearts and kimchi.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Houzz Call: What’s Your Favorite Backyard Beauty?
The simple, honest daisy is this writer’s go-to garden flower. We want to hear which plant, flowering or otherwise, gives you special joy
Full Story
Moving Houzz Call: What’s Your Best Downsizing Tip?
Deciding what to say goodbye to can be hard, which is why we want to hear your hard-won wisdom. Please share your advice
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
At Urban Upkeep, we will work with you on design, pricing & scheduling for your project. We are interested in... Read More