Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretehole

Additional Relays For Pentair Easytouch Controller

16 years ago

My Easytouch 4 System came with 3 aux relays that I have used up. My control board allows for 4 more relays to be added. I have tried to find a Pentair parts list or an online company that would sell me the relays but no luck so far. I think the part I am looking for may be "HP Power Relay 520106" but I am not 100% sure.

Has anyone ever added additional realys and if so where were they purchased from?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Comments (9)

• 16 years ago

I searched Goolge for "Pentair Relay 520106". See Link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Relay Part

• 16 years ago

I may be wrong but I think the control chip with the programming for the Easy4 and Easy8 are different. I don't think you can just add the relays.

• 16 years ago

Thanks, your googling worked a lot better than mine!

• 16 years ago

Hi Repiar Guy,

I discovered this as there is not any DC voltage to the pins 4-8 on the board when switches 4-8 are enabled, (pin sets 1-4 receive 26VDC when enabled). Since my board has these pins and my controller box has the places for the relays I can only assume that there is something in the software that shuts the extra pins off. Have you ever heard of an upgrade from the 4 relay system to the 8? Could this be done by a software upgrade or would I have to buy a complete new controller board?

• 16 years ago

Concretehole, you would need to purchase an EasyTouch 8 circuit board. repair guy is correct - AUX EXTRA is one of the better kept secrets about EasyTouch. It basically turns an ET4 into an ET5 and an ET8 into an ET9 (assuming you don't need Solar).

• 16 years ago

Just as a follow up to anyone going down this same path. I was able to get the extra relay, 520106, from www.americanbestpoolsupply.com with tax and shipping for $42.50. Some companies wanted as much as $80. It came with all the screws and the wire harness for connecting to the solar pins on the circuit board.

You can only add a single relay to the solar as the other 4-8 pin sets are not enabled. Also, I would recommend having a pro do this as one slip or crossed wire can fry a $400 circuit board or worse you.

• 16 years ago

Glad you got it concrete. We've seen a lot of toasted boards lately form guys trying to install IntelliFlo's and not knowing what they're doing. you've basically got 1/16th of an inch between the prongs on the board and as soon as they touch, BAM, new board.

• 14 years ago

Hi everyone.
    First post here, I wanted to revive this tread to perhaps help us out. We have a new pool with a Pentair 8. I read that we have extra relays and wanted to know where there might be a diagram or instructions on how to connect up the extra relays? The isntruction manual really isnt clear. There are relays in the board with the small Low Volt wires connected and we wanted to run some lights up in the trees (120V) off the remote. We currently have them wired to a 15A GFI breaker we added in the panel. I assume we can just run the Hot (BL) in and out of the relay, then program it to the remote?
    Any help VERY much appreciated, we've done quite a few exaustive searches to no avail as yet.
    Thanks and cheers
    Watts