Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mewmew_gw

Castle Rock Pools and Spas

mewmew
15 years ago

I have read some comments about Castle Rock on this forum. Could someone who has had a Castle Rock pool built (that dose not live in Katy) please let me know about your expereince.

I really like the company but a family memeber had some issues which makes me hesitant to sign with the company. I think most of the issues occured because they lived a far distance from the company (over an hour) and also the pool build started in July.

Comments (7)

• vtowntom
    15 years ago

Well, even though I live in Katy, please let me share my experience with Castlerock. Firstly, because your friends pool build started in July, part of their problem might be because it's the busiest part of the year for builders. If their problems had to do with details near the end of their build, Castlerock has recently took on an employee who's sole job is to take care of the final details of Castlerock's pool builds. We live in Katy and Castlerock built our pool (started August 26th I think) and we just had our "pool school" yesterday. No complaints. At all. I would highly recommend them.

• mewmew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the reply vtown. Did you get the ultimate spa with your pool? If so, how do you like it? I know Castlerock is the only pool company that does this type of spa.

• vtowntom
    15 years ago

Yes, the ultimate spa was what my wife really wanted. It is awesome. Feel free to ask any questions.....

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Hi, mewmew...we are currently having CastleRock build our pool, and we are in League City an hour from them...things are progressing very nicely. They've been very good to deal with on my pool design and the materials I wanted to use..natural stone tiles and coping, glass tile and travertine moldings. If there's a question or problem, they've addressed it. Very happy so far with the build. And yes...the height of pool building season is a tough one..everyone I've known who built during swimming season had delays. I've never heard of any pool build without some issues of some kind...but I think they're working hard to keep their customers happy. They're a rapidly growing company, too. We're doing an Ultimate Spa, also...and we're going to really love it. Hope this helps...I know what a hard decision this is for you.

• mewmew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How long did it take after you signed the contract for them to begin digging?

• piscespool
    15 years ago

Hi, mewmew...we signed the contract end of August, and they started Oct. 8 on the layout, then excavated the next day (Thurs), gunited following Tuesday. They worked thru the weekend to get ready for gunite. We had a little storm in September that kinda got in the way, for like..weeks...lol. IKE. We all knew we were not going to be swimming this year, so I was not in a huge hurry, and really wanted to get September out of the way before we started. Glad we waited. They've moved really quickly on the build, and my glass tile and travertine molding order slowed things up on my end. I ordered it separately myself from Materials Marketing. The glass tile came in Monday, and we meet with the installer tomorrow. We're very pleased. Honestly, I think it may be the time of year with possibly a few fewer builds per month, although they stay very busy. HTH!

• mewmew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the response piscespool. We are trying to decide on a builder. We've gotten all our bids and are trying to decide who to go with. This is such a hard decision. Thanks for sharing your experience.