Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellia_gw

Any non-white painted kitchen cabinets?

kellia
13 years ago

I was planning on painting our cabinets an off-white, but now I am getting nervous that they will show too much dirt/scuffs with my family! Any pictures of painted cabinets that aren't white or cream? I'm not brave enough to do red or anything that bright, maybe a taupe? I just can't picture a kitchen filled with cabinets any other colors other than the white ones I keep seeing everywhere!

Comments (25)

• claudialina10
    13 years ago

• Circus Peanut
    13 years ago

Mmmmm, I adore Allison's French Gray kitchen, forever my first kitchen love.

Me? Yellow!

But there are plenty of other colors! Boxerpups will be along soon with her Amazing Collection of Colored Cabinetry Photos, but in the meantime, what colors would you consider? Blue, green, yellow, gray, purple, red, black, mocha ...?

Julia Child's turquoise vision:

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Have to agree with Allison ;-), although I love other peoples' white kitchens for them. I have slightly yellow cream on the island, but gray around the rangetop, and burgundy on one whole side of the room. The rest, including the sink run you can't see in the following photos, are natural fir. Have some fun! :-D

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Here's mine (there is some off-white, I admit):

• eandhl
    13 years ago

I had my new cabs painted barn red with soapstone counters.

• tanders
    13 years ago

Ooooh--honeychurch! What a teaser pic! Do you have more photos posted of your kitchen? LOVE it!

• geargirly
    13 years ago

My cabinets are painted with a pale green, almost a neutral but with a zing. It has been on for three years now and the color is GREAT! I used a Benjamin Moore on it, I will try to find the color. It seems to match everything really well.

Honeychurch - I am going to love your kitchen, I need to see more pics!!!!

• cooksnsews
    13 years ago

My cabs aren't quite as grey as they look in this pic. I often refer to the colour as "antique Rubbermaid blue."

• mfrog
    13 years ago

My uppers were painted cream but the lowers were a medium green colour. Everyone loves them.

{{gwi:1577157}}

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi kellia...
    I love this little black kitchen. I would think it hides scuff and dirt! (you'll have to scroll down a bit)

KA:)

Here is a link that might be useful: $1,400 kitchen

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

I love the creativity of a painted cabinets. I truly wish
    I had that bravey. Maybe one of these days I will change
    my white into something fun light soft green.
    Enjoy,
    ~boxerpups

SeaGreen Clean

After Oak painted Gray Image from GW

The Kitchen Designer

Green Wood Kitchen

4Efale 6dd

• segbrown
    13 years ago

We used taupe on our butlers pantry and island.

Here are some more

• kellia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Those are beautiful pictures, thank you all! Please post any more anyone finds, too! I guess I just keep thinking of the icky painted ones we had in the apartments we lived in, the kitchens above are great! I think I'm getting a better picture in my head now!

• inthehollow
    13 years ago

I have sage green. They look a lot like mfrog's lowers. The picture doesn't quite capture the color because of the flash.

• lau123rie456wise
    13 years ago

i`m glad YOU asked the question because I too am thinking of painted cabinets after not feeling that stained wood is the look I want. The only stained wood cabinets I like are the espresso, chocolate, etc. I`m afraid that I would get tired of dark after awhile. I like the look of painted cabinets and have never had them."not white, but Kraftmaid Mushroom and Sage with a brown glaze). At first my husband was not for it, but after showing him pictures and trips to the showrooms to look at door samples, he is starting to like them. Being a new construction, I would have to go with the few color choices they offer or buy unfinished wood cabinets and paint them myself, thus having a multitude of color choices. I`ve been thinking about my kitchen for 4 months now and it is driving me crazy trying to decide what I like and what would go with the rest of my furniture. Will kitchen designers actually come to your home and look at your furniture, pictures etc. to see what would be fitting with my decor?

• willowdecor
    13 years ago

I love my white kitchen but went a bit racier in the pantry with gray cabinets and marble counters. Neutral as well but a jump for me! LOL!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray Cabinets

• plumorchard
    13 years ago

Here's one of our current colors - the uppers will be change to a lighter color to match. (There is a story behind it all but ....)

Here is a link that might be useful: More Kitchen Pix - Page 1

• youngdeb
    13 years ago

Claudialina, that green is incredible. I can't wait to see that one finished!

• amberley
    13 years ago

We used Farrow and Ball Old White. It is the perfect putty color.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Ooohhh I love everything on this post. Thanks for this.

Now I have to add a few more. I can't help myself, I just
    love kitchens.
    ~boxer

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Kellia, ours are a light sage green that actually looks yellow in some lights - it's a great colour because it really does pick up on the lighting.

This pic shows that contrast based on lighting really well:

And I was convinced that I wanted white cabs initially...

Eliz

• kimiko232
    13 years ago

elizpiz,
    What color is that green? I love how it changes colors!
    :)

• jeannemara
    8 years ago

In my former house, I had very light green cabinets. Almost like a "white-wash," except it was a "green wash." I was crazy about them. The colour was perfect with the terracotta tile floors. When we first had the house, the cabinets were stark white. I suppose for some people that is okay, but I tired of them quite quickly. I never regretted painting them.

• pippabean
    8 years ago

I love white kitchens. That said, I also love boldly colored bright kitchens:

DEANE - Lime · More Info

Modern Federation · More Info