Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eoren1_gw

White kitchen/marble counters: video reveal!

eoren1
13 years ago

We're 90% done with our kitchen remodel. Took a 1948 kitchen and brought it down to the studs. 2 months later and we have a beautiful, functional kitchen. Only thing left is the Ann Sachs tiles that will go in in about 8 weeks. They will be a very nice shade of blue.

Video below - click image to view it. Press close at end to be brought to the gallery for pix.

As for specs:

Brookhaven cabinets in Alpine white

5" oak floors

Samsung french door fridge RF26XAERS

Whirlpool Gold dishwasher GU2475XTVY

GE microwave PEM31SMSS

Kohler faucet

Whitehaus sink WH3018

GE Range FGGF3054KF

Zephyr hood AK2500

Insinkerator evolution compact with air switch

NeverMT in soap dispenser

Bianco Carrara countertops from Elamar North in Massachusetts. Installed by BFR Associates (though I cannot recommend them as fabricators/installers! I may go into that in another post)

Happy to supply any other info.

Enjoy the reveal!

E

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

It looks great..very nice! Be sure to post pics of the backsplash when you get it installed!

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Love the cabinets on the side of the fridge. Great use of that space! Can't wait to see the backsplash. Congratulations!

• eoren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thought I would post a few pix for those that didn't want to follow the video link:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Looks terrific. Love the marble shelf and your sink looks lovely and perfect! Faucet, window, pendant...lovely.

• jrueter
    13 years ago

Great job! thanks for sharing the video and pictures. It looks great now, but it will be amazing with the backsplash. I really love the tulips - were they an homage to the old wallpaper ;)

• clg7067
    13 years ago

Love those white counters. Then I saw there are marble!

The video reveal is a great idea. Better than trying to wade through a gazillion photos to find the best vantage point. And the photos you posted helped, also.

• wallycat
    13 years ago

WOW!!
    Gorgeous!

• prill
    13 years ago

Looks beautiful. Love the marble. What color are your walls? Can't wait to see the blue backsplash.

• eoren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    Sabjimata - I take full credit for that shelf. Needed somewhere to throw my keys when coming in and wife refused to let me do that on the counter to the left of the range.

Jrueter - I hadn't even thought about the tulip connection. I'm pretty sure that was just a very nice coincidence.

Prill - The color is "Fresco" by C2.

Thanks clf7067 and wallycat. Appreciate the comments. Will have to post some more shots once the pendants are in over the island and the dining room table is cleaned up a bit.

E

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

I applaud the re-do of the previous door corner. Putting the refrigerator into the new wall, creating that storage that faces the new walkpath, and rerouting traffic was a good idea. I suspect that dead-ending the kitchen was the most significant change in the whole project. Yes?

Personally, I like the two blank wall spaces that you have created either side of the refrigerator--good, sizeable parallel spots for art!

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

Congratualtions. Your happiness with your kitchen really shines.

• shetland
    13 years ago

WOW! Looks awesome! Wish I had a kitchen like that!

• doraville
    13 years ago

Marvelous! I loved the presentation. I'm getting tired of the slowness of photobucket

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

eoren1, I love your new kitchen! I love the beautiful marble counters and those gorgeous new kitchen cabinets. All your appliances look so nice and I especially love the built in refrigerator! The floors are great also.

Can you give me information on your recessed lighting since they seem to give a lot of light which is what I need.

• donnakay2009
    13 years ago

What a calming, lovely space this is! You did a great job.

• eoren1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again!
    Lynn- those recessed lights are just 5" halogens. Picked out the cheapest trim :)
    Have 4 on one circuit. Another 3 for hallway lights.
    I was actually hoping to put in Cree LEDs but the 5" ones were over our budget...we put the 6" ones in the basement and they are awesome!!
    I'll post pix of that space in the other forum over the next few days.
    E

• fleur222
    13 years ago

What a transformation! The marble is just gorgeous! You must love the peninsula and the kitchen being open to the diningroom now. I can't wait to see your backsplash, because I have been thinking of blue for mine. My kitchen has white cabinets, light wood floor, and light (but not marble) countertops.