SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shari25_gw

Grandmother doesn't want to babysit full time.

shari25
16 years ago

Hello, I have a problem and need some help. Before my daughter even became pregnat, she said when she had a baby she would stop working full time, so she could spend more time with her baby. I agreed to watch the baby part time, about 24 hours a week. Well since she went back to work she has decided to work full time. I love watching my grandaughter, but didn't want to do it full time, which is 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.. She and her husband make over $100,000 a year,( they have a lovely home and drive expensive cars) but she says she cant afford to pay for daycare. I would never charge them. Now she is making me feel very quilty for not wanting to babysit full time. She says if I dont do it, they will have to sell their house and move in with her inlaws,(so she can stay home full time) who live an hour away. She is not speaking to me now, just dropping off the baby and leaving for work. I am so upset, I'm not eating or sleeping well. I dearly love my granddaughter and daughter. What do I do? Thanks for listening.

Comments (14)

Sponsored