Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyk_gw

RECIPE: any good pumpkin cake or bread recipes?

PattyK
16 years ago

looking for your favorite pumpkin cake or bread recipes,please...

Comments (4)

• lorna-organic
    16 years ago

Pumpkin Cake

1 Cup white sugar
    1 Cup brown sugar
    3 eggs
    15 oz. canned pumpkin
    1 stick of melted butter
    2 Cup white flour
    2tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 cup chopped peacans or walnuts

Beat eggs with sugars, stir in pumpkin and cooled melted butter. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into your pumpkin mixture. Grease and flour an 11"x17" baking pan. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Bake at 350 (F) for 35 minutes, until firm or tests done with toothpick.

I haven't tried it, but supposedly you can also make drop cookies with this recipe baking the cookies for 10 min at 350.

Cake is rich enough not to need frosting, but it can be topped with sifted powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

PUMPKIN SPICE BREAD (1 loaf)
    1 stick butter, softened
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    1 2/3 cup flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 3/4 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp ground cloves
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
    Whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350°. Butter & flour a 9" loaf pan. Cream the butter & sugar in a large mixing bowl until light & fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices & salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1/2 cup water, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the pumpkin; stir in the nuts, if using. Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour. cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Good served warm w/whipped cream.~~The Best of Wheeling

• becky_ca
    16 years ago

This one's good, and the cream cheese ribbon is an unexpected treat.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin Ribbon Bread

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup pumpkin
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp salt (optional)
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 2/3 cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
    Cream cheese filling ingredients:
    1 pkg cream cheese -- (8 oz.) softened
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 TB flour
    1 egg
    2 tsp grated orange peel

Combine pumpkin, oil & eggs; beat well. Add sugar, salt, cloves, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and nuts, mixing to blend. Pour 1/4 of the batter in 2 greased 7 1/2 x 3 1/2" bread pans. Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour together. Add egg and mix to blend. Stir in orange peel. Carefully spread cream cheese filling mixture over batter in the pans. Cover the cream cheese filling with the remaining batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pans before turning out on a rack to cool. Store in the refrigerator.

Joyce's 1997 2nd place Pumpkin Bread

Posted to Friendly Freezer on 10-19-02 by Angela angela@seelyworld.com

Source:
    "http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/6734/recipe.html";

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• lorna-organic
    16 years ago

I made a loaf of the Pumpking Spice Bread listed above. I did not notice that the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of water, because the water wasn't listed in the ingredients. I did not add the water, which turned out to be a good thing. My loaf was moist. If I had added the water I would have had pumpkin pudding. I also reduced the ginger to 1/4 tsp., which was satisfactory.