Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisazone6_ma

My Robot Coupe Broke!

lisazone6_ma
14 years ago

I just went thru all the searches I could on food processors. While a lot of people seem to like the Cuisinart, I didn't like what I saw. Granted, I was only going by the few models they had right there in the dept store - I'm sure I can find more online.

The main thing I don't like is this - my Robot Coupe had big, heavy blades. I got mine as a shower gift 24 years ago. Those blades are as sharp now as they were then! The blades on the Cuisinart (and just about every other make and model I looked at) were like little cartoon blades - about half the size and half the thickness of mine. I could practically bend the blade with my fingers, which I couldn't begin to do in my wildest dreams with my Robot Coupe.

I use mine for mincing and chopping mostly, also mixing dips, pureeing soups, etc. I have slicing attachments, but I really don't use them all that often. I like mixing my bread dough by hand - I don't do that much of it that I need a machine, and I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer for that anyway. The most I do is use it to cut in the butter when I'm making scones or pie crust or something like that.

I'm crushed that my Robot Coupe is broken and I already tried to get parts - they don't make them anymore. I'd have to try and find something in France and that's not happening!

I'm liking the Kitchenaid the best sofar - I forget which cup capacity it was altho if I'm remembering right, the price was around $300. But I tend to be swayed by looks and I want to make sure it's not just the shiny red color that matches my mixer that's making me lean towards this one!!

What processor would you get and what are the blades like? I want a nice, heavy blade!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Lisa

Comments (5)