Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Pottery Barn Samantha Bench and Wall Shelf:Will This Work For Me?

cupofkindness
14 years ago

I have a two-room bathroom with the toilet and tub in the back windowed room (it's about 5 feet by 6 feet), and the double sink in a room about the same size that is "in front" of the tub/toilet room. I'm thinking of using the Pottery Barn 50" Samantha entry hall storage bench and wall shelf unit in this room. Since the rooms are separated by a door, steam really isn't an issue. We have a terrible lack of storage in my house, so the bench would hold towels and the wall shelf would keep towels in use by my four daughters, plus the cubbies would store their make up, hair brushes, etc. I would probably not buy the baskets for the bench or the shelves. I plan to buy the two pieces in black.

Has anyone used a bench/wall shelf system in their bathroom? JC Penney sells a comparable unit, but I worry that the construction isn't as sturdy, plus the PB pieces are 8" wider and we need all of the storage we can get. What about the black finish? Finally, does anyone ever see these pieces on sale? If so, how much could I save--I'm very willing to wait. However, after looking at several other styles from various on-line retailers, I'm set on Pottery Barn, for reasons of quality (or the quality I perceive).

Thanks in advance for your advice and thoughts on this!

~Cupofkindness

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn Bench and Wall Shelf

Comments (4)