Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
starsong_gw

Capital Culinarian-Calling all owners of Culinarians

starsong
13 years ago

We've started our kitchen remodel and our plans include a 48 in range. We were all set to buy a 48 in Bluestar but have now learned about the Capital Culinarian. Our cooking style is about 60/40, 60% stovetop, 40% in the oven...but with hopes to convert more of our cooking to ovens.

When we first learned about the Capital Culinarian, not many had been sold or delivered. Now that a few months have gone by, wanted to get some feedback from actual Culinarian owners who have had the range installed in their home and have spent some time using it. Any comments/advice are welcome!

Thank you!

Comments (8)

• starsong
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hmmm...just read a post that talked about the Culinarian coming out in late September...which is now. So does anyone actually have one in their home yet?

• chopperace
    13 years ago

Starsong,
    I wish I could answer your questions, but the shipment of the Culinarian has been delayed until the end of Oct.

• arley_gw
    13 years ago

I've ordered one; they say late Oct-early Nov. That works for me because I probably won't have the rest of the kitchen remodel fiished until that time frame anyway.

However, the ONLY difference between the Culinarian and the Precision is the burners; the Culinarian has open burners, the Precision has sealed burners. I was able to see a Precision, and liked the fit & finish; seemed to be a well built item, and I felt confident ordering the Culinarian.

If you have a chance to see a Precision, that will give you a good idea of what the Culinarian will be like.

• kist1
    13 years ago

bump

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    13 years ago

Will......Happy to read you are generally happy with the performance of the Culinarian.

Please give me a call at the store so we can resolve with your minor issues.

• will47
    13 years ago

Just a follow-up:

A tech from Capital came out today. He replaced all 4 of our Culinarian burner assemblies with new ones which now have a round flat metal plate under the ignitor (in the "hole" of the burner). This seems to greatly help with the repeated clicking of the ignitor at low burner settings.

He seemed to think the rattle when the convection fan was on is normal, and has to do with the oven racks.

• pschoo_sbcglobal_net
    13 years ago

This is our first "pro-style" range. We've used for about 3 months now. It's beautiful. I've baked several bread loaves, beautiful results.

We decided to also get Wolf double L. Great ovens.

I do have to say that part of why I waited so long to go to high-BTU gas range is that Costco had Camp Chef 3-burner, 30k btu outdoor stove 15 years ago, and we were in SoCal, so it was convenient to do high-heat stir-fry, and boil big stockpots of water for lobster year-round on the patio, and nothing short of a restaurant range can compete, certainly not the Wolfs and Vikings; Culi still falls short.

I'm going to do measurements of time-to-boil for the Culi and Camp Chef for 16 qts of water, and will post results.