Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapnak22

Exterior Façade & Roof to Compliment Sandblasted Brick

sapna h
10 days ago

Hi!

We sandblasted our grey brick and now need to figure out what to do on the garage façade as well as the rest of the homes façade.

We originally were going to put up European Wood Vertical Slats, however our GC misquoted us, and it is too expensive. Now we are unsure if Stucco or Vertical Siding (James Hardie/LP Siding (Board & batten or Architectural Panels) is best to go on the garage & sides/back/gables of home, as well as the Color of Façade & roof (asphalt shingles).

Home is Arizona.

Any opinions or guidance on this is appreciated. Trying to keep it simple, clean, timeless, mcm ranch.

Thank you!

Comments (11)

• cat_ky
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

I would have used the brick on the whole front facade.

sapna h thanked cat_ky
  • sapna h
    Original Author
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

Not enough of original brick. Do you think an different color brick veneer is a good idea?

• Lyn Nielson
    10 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

I would choose a similar color siding for the remainder. Same color, different 'texture'

the gable ends basic narrow clapboard.

I would do verticle siding on the area where sided is neaded, not Board & Batten UNLESS you can get the lengths you need, so not to have a seam at the top. as for the shingles, something in a varigated shingle, not solid or black.

sapna h thanked Lyn Nielson
  • PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    10 days ago

I can't really picture how the photos go together but I could see white stucco with black trim and windows, Or white trim with a very dark stucco or B+B

sapna h thanked HALLETT & Co.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 days ago

IMO the stucco combined with the brick seems appropriate.

sapna h thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Boxerpal
    9 days ago

WOW that sandblast has really made the building look nice. I wish your GC had been fair about the quote. Wood would look divine with that home. I am not sure stucco mixed with the brick would be a good option. I am think siding might be more affordable and look good too.

something like this...

Biltmore Ranch Style II · More Info

1950's Ranch Exterior Update · More Info

Green Hills Ranch Renovation · More Info

Whole House - Prestonwood · More Info

sapna h thanked Boxerpal
  • sapna h
    Original Author
    6 days ago

BeverlyFLADeziner, thank you. I think the main issue I have with the Stucco, is that there is no change in dimension from the garage portion to the brick. It is flat. Do you think that it would transition well since it will be right next to it without a return?

Boxerpal, thank you. From the pictures it looks like they are all brick and the first one is stucco - or that is siding?

• Debbie Downer
    5 days ago

A vote for natural wood siding (or looks natural) - horizontal for ground floor, vertical at the gables. The combo of wood + brick works so well because both are natural, traditional materials (dating back many thousands of years) but different enough for contrast. They complement each other. Colored stucco I think would look kind of blah. Either a rich cedar color or a grayed brown stain for less contrast Caveat: I cant really tell how much siding we are talking, is it just that bit around the garage? The sides appear to be brick, which is good - people do see your sides when they go by - front-only brick is kind of annoying.

• sapna h
    Original Author
    5 days ago

Thank you, Debbie Downer. I think the wood is going to be too expensive and a lot of maintenance in the AZ sun, (I was looking at composite, but that is where I was quoted incorrectly). For the front it would be around the garage door and then continue around the garage (20ft). And then on the other side, just the gable (on top of the brick). The back of the house we will probably just do stucco.

• tracefloyd
    4 days ago

I like the tan wood with the gray brick. I would use that tan color for stucco siding and the roof tiles. A deep Charcoal for trim and windows.

sapna h thanked tracefloyd