Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

We’ve Adopted a New Rescue Furkid!

LynnNM
12 days ago
last modified: 12 days ago

I haven’t been around here all that much lately. Our little 12 1/2 year old Tibetan spaniel, Sasha, became very ill and ended up in the vet hospital three times. Despite all our efforts, she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge a while back. It broke our hearts! But, being such huge dog lovers, we finally decided to look for another rescue dog to adopt.

Meet Teddy! This little guy is a 16 pound Corgi-mix, according to his veterinarian. They believe he’s approximately two years old, which means he’s full grown. He looks very much like DD’s rescue Corgi-mix, Kip, that she adopted from the same rescue group about 6 months ago. But Kip, who is also full grown and six years old, is a lot bigger, so obviously a different mix than our little Teddy.

To say that I’m already over the moon crazy about Teddy would be a huge understatement! I’m not all that familiar about the Corgi breed yet, but both Teddy and Kip are so mellow, quiet, friendly and so affectionate. Our little boy has definitely found his forever home!

Comments (50)

• gsciencechick
    12 days ago

Congrats, Lynn! Teddy looks like a teddy bear, so cute!

LynnNM thanked gsciencechick
  • woodrose
    12 days ago

Oh, what a sweet face! Teddy is just adorable, and I know he's going to have a happy life with people who love him.

LynnNM thanked woodrose
  • deegw
    12 days ago

Aww, that's exciting. He has such a cute face. I was just wondering about you and Zalco last night.

LynnNM thanked deegw
  • Kswl
    12 days ago

Teddy already looks at home, Lynn. He looks like a wonderful, sweet and loyal dog. Congratulations!

LynnNM thanked Kswl
  • Jilly
    12 days ago

So glad to see you, Lynn! And so happy to see your precious new family member. He’s such a cutie! 🥰

LynnNM thanked Jilly
  • Bestyears
    12 days ago

Oh, isn't Teddy just ADORABLE!!!! One of the lucky ones for sure.....

LynnNM thanked Bestyears
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 days ago

What a cute a sweet looking boy. My only experience with Corgi is one that followed me in the driveway as I arrived home one day. I hadn't even seen it but the friend who was here asked where did the dog come from that came home with you. I opened the garage door to it patiently waiting to come in, it went into my kitchen and asked for water.

My neighbor just below us on the hill has had corgis. Her sister up the street has three. My visitor belonged to her sister and was given a ride home 😊

LynnNM thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • porkandham
    12 days ago

He’s adorable!

LynnNM thanked porkandham
  • lascatx
    12 days ago

So cute! I know the feelings.

LynnNM thanked lascatx
  • bichonbabe
    12 days ago

What a cutie!

• KW PNW Z8
    12 days ago

Lucky doggie & lucky you! Those liquid brown eyes make you fall in love with him at first sight! I’m so sorry for your loss of Sasha. It is heartbreaking when we lose our dogs. All the happiness and love they bring into our lives is why it’s so painful to lose them. They just don’t live long enough. It’s obvious Teddy will have a wonderful life with his new family and help you remember Sasha with love and knowing you did your best for her.

LynnNM thanked KW PNW Z8
  • jill302
    12 days ago

Congrat's on your new family member, such a cutie.

LynnNM thanked jill302
  • bpath
    12 days ago

So sweet. And photogenic!

LynnNM thanked bpath
  • rubyclaire
    12 days ago

Handsome boy!

LynnNM thanked rubyclaire
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 days ago

He is beautiful and looks to have settled in quite well. Corgis are such wonderful dogs. Lucky you and lucky Teddy. When our hearts are broken, I think we do need to heal another 's heart and adopt again.

LynnNM thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • Stax
    12 days ago

Cute - and adorable. You and the dog did well!

LynnNM thanked Stax
  • Bunny
    12 days ago

Teddy is adorable! And the perfect name for him. I admire and respect you for not waiting too long to bring another sweetie pie into your family.

LynnNM thanked Bunny
  • Olychick
    12 days ago

He looks so sweet! Didn't you adopt another dog fairly recently, too?

LynnNM thanked Olychick
  • 3katz4me
    12 days ago

Oh my goodness - so cute. He looks like a little love-bug. Whenever one of my cats passes on I always think they'd want me to give a good home to another one in need.

LynnNM thanked 3katz4me
  • mojomom
    12 days ago

He’s adorable! So happy for both of you!

LynnNM thanked mojomom
  • LynnNM
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Olychick, About 6 months ago while our DD was still living with us, she/we adopted a Corgi-mix from a local rescue group. That is Kip. I adored that sweet boy and was so sad when DD got a place of their own down in town, but nearby so we see them a lot.

• salonva
    12 days ago

Sorry for your loss, and so happy for your new addition. He looks perfect in your house and family.

I don't know how I developed this but I have a thing for corgis. Enjoy him!

LynnNM thanked salonva
  • Connecticut Yankeeeee
    12 days ago

Oh, such sweetness! Sorry about your loss, but happy about Teddy!

LynnNM thanked Connecticut Yankeeeee
  • eld6161
    12 days ago

Hugs. My condolences.

Welcome to your new home Teddy! You will have the best life.

LynnNM thanked eld6161
  • Re Tired
    12 days ago

No resisting that cutie!

LynnNM thanked Re Tired
  • Judi
    12 days ago

He's precious! Congrats on the new addition!

LynnNM thanked Judi
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    12 days ago

He could not be cuter! And he looks so happy. He knows he did well!

PS Sorry about your dear Sasha. It is very hard to get over.

LynnNM thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • maddielee
    12 days ago

Teddy hit the jackpot when he was placed with you Lynn! Lucky dog, lucky you.

LynnNM thanked maddielee
  • Allison0704
    12 days ago

What a lucky dog, and handsome too!

LynnNM thanked Allison0704
  • nini804
    12 days ago

Oh, what a darling!! 🐶 He is so snuggly looking!

LynnNM thanked nini804
  • blfenton
    12 days ago

What a sweetheart! Im so sorry about Sasha. (hugs).

LynnNM thanked blfenton
  • jsk
    12 days ago

He is adorable! I'm not usually a small dog person, but Teddy would have my heart too! So happy you found each other!

LynnNM thanked jsk
  • Fun2BHere
    12 days ago

Congratulations on your new family member and condolences on the loss of your precious Sasha.

LynnNM thanked Fun2BHere
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    12 days ago

Awww. And he and his ”big brother” will have many play dates! I LOVE to see pups playing. Would like a *video of that.. Congrats on your new addition.

* we can’t do videos here, right?

LynnNM thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • party_music50
    12 days ago

Lucky Teddy — Congrats!

LynnNM thanked party_music50
  • OutsidePlaying
    12 days ago

Teddy is adorable! One lucky dog to have a loving family to cuddle him. I’m sorry about Sasha.

LynnNM thanked OutsidePlaying
  • DLM2000-GW
    12 days ago

Oh Lynn he is adorable! How could you NOT adopt him - that face! ❤❤❤ Love his little white stripe - too cute. Sasha was so loved for all her life. I know she was your love bug and you will always miss her.

LynnNM thanked DLM2000-GW
  • nicole___
    12 days ago

OMG! Sooooooooooooooooooo cute! He just looks like a little cuddler. I also was looking at a Cogi mix. I wanted a girl...just got the news the girl is adopted. You got a good one!

LynnNM thanked nicole___
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    12 days ago

So sweet - happy for you all 😊

LynnNM thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • Irish2
    12 days ago

Lynn Teddy is adorable! My condolences on the loss of your Sasha 🌈.

LynnNM thanked Irish2
  • barncatz
    12 days ago

Oh my gosh, Corgis are wonderful. We've known a fair number, follow a couple on IG and don't forget --- the Queen!

I'm so happy for you. Sometimes the path forward through grief is hidden and sometimes the path that will make grief survivable with some grace --- appears. Welcome Teddy!!

LynnNM thanked barncatz
  • Funkyart
    12 days ago

How wonderful for you! Enjoy your sweet Teddy -- he is blessed to have landed in such a loving home!

LynnNM thanked Funkyart
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    12 days ago

I love him! Congrats!

LynnNM thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • Ninapearl
    11 days ago

so sorry for the loss of your sasha but happy to see you have opened your heart to another rescue. teddy is adorable!! i miss my corgis so much, they were such spunky big dogs in little dog bodies!

have fun getting to knew your new pup!

LynnNM thanked Ninapearl
  • Arapaho-Rd
    11 days ago

I think I need a Teddy - so happy for you, Lynn!

LynnNM thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • pudgeder
    11 days ago

Oh he's so cute!!!!!!! Happy he has found his fur-ever home!

LynnNM thanked pudgeder
  • whistle_b
    10 days ago

Teddy is adorable. Thank you so very much for adopting.

There is a company called Teddy the Dog Apparel, t-shirts and fashion for dog lovers!

LynnNM thanked whistle_b
  • amykath
    10 days ago

Lynn, I am so happy for you! Teddy is so cute and perfect! He is a beauty. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thrilled you found him and that he found YOU! ❤️

LynnNM thanked amykath
  • lizbeth-gardener
    10 days ago

Lynn, I'm sorry you lost your dear Sasha, but glad you are ready for a new love. Teddy looks like a lovable furball. Enjoy!

LynnNM thanked lizbeth-gardener