Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosheyah_yahawadah

I'm trying to figure out how to put this idea into action.

Angelo Bailey
13 days ago

I just moved into my apartment from my home. I'm trying to figure out how to design a rental, friendly, designed apartment. It's been a while since I rented. How can I put this design into action? Please, any ideas will help. Thanks in advance ☺️

Comments (15)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

What "design"? please? You seem to be focused only on the apps for the tv.

A rental is no different than a mortgage on a home. It just doesn't acquire equity. You furnish it. You get a rug, couch, art etc

You have given no clue as to what you like, you're showing one shot of a wall, no other angles but a covered window. We can't see where you enter or what lies nearby.

No inspiration pictures of a room you love, no drawing with no measurements of the room you are showing!

Translation? You need to provide a lot more information to get any help. : )

• Lyn Nielson
    13 days ago

are you trying to use those slatted panels?

Is the TV your main feature? any other furniture in the space? Do you use the TV tray for dining in front of the TV. the speakers appear to be a must. Yes?

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I'm looking to design my living room in a more contemporary, minimalist style. I took a picture of the one wall because that's my dilemma. I pretty much have an idea of the rest.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Yes, I'm using the panels. This is a space I sit and watch TV. My electric fireplace is a wall hanging fireplace or insert. The only thing with that is I want it to look clean and contemporary. The only thing I can think of is a customed built TV/fireplace wall or a console to put the fireplace in.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

The tv is gigantic. You don't have a long enough wall mount fire to support it visually. Even a wall mount has a clearance code to the floor and they get hot. Nor do they really look like a fire.

Get an extremely long. low and modern console and an electrician.

Example for proportion

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Jan...My TV is 57 in in width and my fireplace is 60 inches. Also, the TV console you recommended is my 1st choice. I just have the one you see and want to use what I have. That's why I was considering getting something built or a console I can put the FP in.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

This is one of the consoles I was considering.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Also, that wall is 126 in long. It's longer than it looks.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I'm sorry...116 in from the side of the sofa to the wall with the windows.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

Don't create kludgy/hack

Make an L of the panels ,

Put one down low/horizontal to support the tv visually, and butt the other next to it, vertically. Try either side, door or window.

Hang the tv in that L you created. Skip the darn fire.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Lol...I guess I just miss my floor to ceiling fireplace in my family room.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

My kids are grown and well in their careers. I do miss my children when they were young though. As for the mother...NO! LOL...I stayed for my kids and I left after they graduated.

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Jan, I checked your work... beautiful ♥️

• Angelo Bailey
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I was thinking about putting the panels behind the TV.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago

That's fine too! Just please skip the FAUX FIRE : )

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths