Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_prout

Kitchen Undermount Sink

Holly Prout
13 days ago
last modified: 13 days ago

Hello. I am remodeling our kitchen and I would like advice on what brand is good, stainless or composite, and 1 bowl vs 2. I am sure the answers will be all over the board, but I appreciate any feedback. As a side note, my island will be 10 feet long and it's wide so it will go in a 36 inch cabinet with plenty of work space left.

Comments (14)

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    13 days ago

95% of my clients over the last twenty years do single bowl stainless. ‘Workstation’ sinks are becoming popular that have accessories that fit into the sink. I find most of the accessories useless but I like the roll up drying rack.

Holly Prout thanked HALLETT & Co.
  • bsgibbs
    13 days ago

I would love to have a workstation sink, and agree that most of it would go unused.

Stainless is the easiest to clean for kitchens. But copper is anti microbial and beautiful.

Holly Prout thanked bsgibbs
  • vinmarks
    13 days ago

I have Kraus stainless single bowl 32 inch sink and really like it. It's been 6 years and still looks good.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kraus-Handmade-32-in-x-19-in-Stainless-Steel-Single-Bowl-Undermount-Commercial-Residential-Kitchen-Sink/1003198180?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--kit--ggl--CRP_SHP_PLA_KIT_Online_C_D--1003198180--online--0-_-0&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwudexBhDKARIsAI-GWYVQf6PqHdQfXUEiO7N-fWj86ElSfXDZ-7MiTqz-TVQ3XzB8Q2idb6AaAvILEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Holly Prout thanked vinmarks
  • dan1888
    13 days ago

Counter is valuable for work zone space. If you choose a 24" sinkbase and undermount sink you'll get more room for wider drawer base cabinets on that run. And you'll have over a foot more counter. Choose a sink with a 21" interior width with 18" interior front to back. 27" base will be specified by the manufacturer. When you measure a frameless 24" base cabinet, most will easily accept an undermount 24" with minimal mounting. Do your measurements.

Holly Prout thanked dan1888
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    13 days ago

You won't regret getting a 36" single basin sink which will undermount in your 36" cabinet. No one complains about too large a sink, but they do complain about too small. Workstation sinks add countertop use.

Holly Prout thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • Rho Dodendron
    13 days ago

" No one complains about too large a sink " very true.

I suggest a double sink because I actually wash some dishes and enjoy one sink to wash and one to rinse without using running water all the time.

Holly Prout thanked Rho Dodendron
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    12 days ago

When people replace the sink that came with their house, 95% chose a single bowl sink.

• PRO
    RCKsinks Inc.
    12 days ago

I always suggest my sink design when installing in an island. Good luck on your project!

Reality Sink · More Info

Newton Kitchens & Design · More Info

Holly Prout thanked RCKsinks Inc.
  • designsaavy
    12 days ago

I hated our undermount zero radius single bowl stainless steel sink at our last house. What a pain to clean. In our current house we will be remodeling the kitchen and I will be doing a single bowl stainless steel again with a more rounded corner.

(Shout out to JOSEPH CORLETT who helped me back in 2014 on Gardenweb with my purchase of the Hercules Universal Sink Harness. I will be using that again.)

Holly Prout thanked designsaavy
  • designsaavy
    12 days ago

I realize alot of people like the grate that comes with work sinks. I personally did not because if food scraps did get on it, it was a pain to get it out. Perhaps if I had been vigilant about spraying it off all the time it would have been better.

Holly Prout thanked designsaavy
  • vinmarks
    12 days ago

I love the grid that came with my sink. I wasn't sure if i would like it but I wouldn't have a sink without it now. I just spray off any bits that may be on it and after dinner I run a soapy sponge over it. Very easy.

Holly Prout thanked vinmarks
  • Holly Prout
    Original Author
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

Thank you malabacat. I was looking at the Elkay but wasnt sure how they stood next to Blanco as there are not as many reviews.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    11 days ago

Get the samples of both please. Elkay Quartz Luxe is superior.