Q: Recommendations for a human Digital (bathroom) Scale?

petalique

I had one in mind, but Amaz was no longer stocking them. I found another site, but they apparently were of the Flim Flam variety.

Do any of you have a digital bathroom sort of scale that you like and think may still be available?

Thanks

SaveComment16Like
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

I have one of these, bought some years ago, and they're still in stock. I like the way it looks and its slim size, along with the low price.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/escali-corp-traveling-body-scale-400lb?ID=8250670

1 Like Save     Thanked by petalique
chloebud

This is what we have that’s been fine. It’s a Taylor…Model #5721F

2 Likes Save     Thanked by petalique
foodonastump

This one was left with the house. I started using it a couple months ago and I really like it except it’s missing the battery cover and now that I see it’s still available and $25 I might actually buy a new one.

Taylor Weight Tracking LCD Glass Body Weight Scale

morz8 - Washington Coast

Ours is Epica digital bathroom scale. We've had it so many years I'd be surprised if you can find same model. It's stayed true and has matched the readings at our doctors offices all these years. I think it's needed batteries one time.

Depending on where you might use it, you might want to know ours can't be used on carpet like is in our bedroom. It needs the hard floor of a bathroom or other to read, weigh correctly. I'd planned to keep it in a bedroom closet. And I do, but I have to carry it to bathroom tile to weigh what few times I use it....not being one to weigh often. DH will weigh more often than I do.

petalique

Thanks, everyone. I might get one that reads ”126.4” pounds as that would make me happy.

I had one that finally gave up the ghost and would keep displaying and spinning random numbers — probably trying to convey a secret code or a winning lottery combination.

5 Likes Save    
eld6161

I have a Garmin. It tells you the weather and many other body measurements.

You can sync it to Google Fit.

I no longer care to. I just right my wright down on a little pad. By physically writing that number, I own it and make my intentions to myself for the day.

I check off my 10,000 steps and my water the following morning.

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

I have a Weight Watchers one that I bought on Ebay. It has the 126.4 type numbers that I wish applied to me.

roxanna

Mine is called Big Boss, (up to 440 lbs. - !! -- goodness me. NO, NOT me!!). It's also been true to what the doctor's office says and is slim, but also must be used on a hard floor, not carpet.

petalique

I heard that there is some serious design and features revamping going on. In some states only those bluetooth and government app models that monitor pregnancies will be allowed to be marketed.

Save    
Lars

I have an Etekcity EB9380H, which I like because it is non-smart - I would not get the newer version that is available. It uses AAA batteries, which are easy to replace - unlike the disc batteries on some that I've had before.

I had a Taylor scale, and it used the disc batteries, which I do not like, and if I did not stand completely still on it, it would register a bunch of different weights and never decide on one. The Etekcity does not have that problem, and all it does is give the weight, which is all I want it to do.

petalique

Thanks, Lars. I agree, I want just the weight.

PS We just order a Taylor scale. So many mixed reviews on all, even the mechanical types.

But Lars, I want to let you know that your scale reviews has the most share customer photos, AND some of the most entertaining images and comments. For some reason, a few customers just put a photo of their face. I like the tuxedo kitty pics the best.

Save    
foodonastump

The Taylor I posted uses AAA’s as well. It does require you to stand still in order to get a stable reading, but this should be expected if looking for accuracy down to a fractional pound. I weigh myself obsessively and haven't found this to an issue. Once it settles on a weight it flashes and holds this reading for several seconds. I appreciate this feature because it means I can use the scale without my contacts on. I can see well enough to see it flashing, then I step off and see how much I lost overnight. My favorite part of waking up!

foodonastump

Petalique - Several years ago my father installed a new thermostat. He called me up, very frustrated because no matter what he did he could not adjust it off of 78°. I drove over, took a quick look, and peeled off the sticker. Maybe the scales come with a 126.4 sticker that you can enjoy for a bit?

Lars

FOAS, This one uses a CR2032 battery, but I see that newer ones use AAA batteries.

I had a Weight Watchers scale before that, and I did not like it either, as it could not decide on what weight to display.

The Etekcity takes a few seconds to decide what weight to display, but it makes its decision reasonably quickly. I did quite a bit of research before I decided on that brand.

petalique

Funny story, FOAS.

I bought a Taylor scale for about $25. I was concerned about the exploding glass, so found one that looked like a barn door — the top is some sort of vinyl.

The one I had before was a known brand, HEALTH****. It was heavy, solid and sure. Unfortunately I lost my balance and ended up coming down on it. The plastic lens broke and the needle or something is broken.

I will have to be careful of this one. Too bad it did not come with a ”126.4” sticker.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides Bathroom Workbook: How Much Does a Bathroom Remodel Cost?
Learn what features to expect for $3,000 to $100,000-plus, to help you plan your bathroom remodel
Full Story
Bathroom Design Designers Share Their 4 Favorite Looks for Bathroom Sinks
See which sink styles and faucet finishes these design pros recommend for a bathroom makeover
Full Story
Bathroom Makeovers Before and After: 4 Bathrooms That Wow With Wallpaper
See how pros used wall coverings to add pattern and panache to a diverse collection of bathrooms
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We are a family owned business with four generations of experience in whole house remodeling. For over 25 years,... Read More