Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heidi_sprang

Choosing windows for sunroom - which size and must they match?

Heidi Sprang
15 days ago

I've been struggling with a design dilemma with my sunroom and choosing the windows. I'm updating a sunroom off the kitchen and need to decide on windows. They will be casement, about 63" high to match other windows on the house. The issue is there is a chimney that will get covered but juts in from the corner (bottom right of the floorplan). The actual dimensions of this room have ended up being a little smaller as they have done the framing, and the maximum size window that I can put on the short wall (bottom of the picture) is 65" wide. I'm debating between a two-segment casement that would be 56" wide vs a three-segment which would be 60" wide, in part, thinking it would be nice to have at leaste a little wall space between the casing that goes around the window and the wall. But if I do the smaller window (56") should I do the same one on the long wall - there I could do the 60" (x2) no problem, or could do the same size (56") to match the other wall. Of note, if I do mix the windows, the size of the lights would be the same. Note the sun mostly comes from the south which is the short wall at the bottom of this picture - the left wall actually faces the neighbors and some trees. I can't decide what to do and would be grateful for any advice! Showing the floor plan, and the window options. Also including the door for reference (072 in the plan). Also would a 28x63" casement window be too big/unwieldy??

Comment (1)