Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshnjen8

Help with curb appeal

joshnjen8
15 days ago
last modified: 15 days ago

Please help with color schemes for this brick rambler 3 sides are brick, one side is siding, roof is a dark brown

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    15 days ago

I would paint all the trim, i.e. window frames, doors, gutters, SW Urbane Bronze. But the real issue is landscaping. You need foundation plantings and some trees in your front yard.

joshnjen8 thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • woodrose
    15 days ago

Can you take a picture from farther away, so we can see all of the front yard. It appears that you already have a large tree in your front yard.

joshnjen8 thanked woodrose
  • jackowskib
    15 days ago

I like idea Sabrina gives above. If budget allows, widen the front porch a couple feet on each side and add an iron rail down the right side. Paint the door a happier color. Add plants along walkway on front leading to entryway. Will be charming!

joshnjen8 thanked jackowskib
  • Lyn Nielson
    15 days ago

I would paint the existing siding and all the trim SW Classic Ivory and the Front door SW Naval

joshnjen8 thanked Lyn Nielson
  • Lyn Nielson
    15 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

I would paint the siding SW Classic Ivory and the front door SW Naval

some native drought tolerent grasses spikey plants along foundation would soften the look.

I would be tempted to paint the whole house and garage, including trims SW Naval for a complete change... But it will take a lot of primer and paint (Masonry paint) to cover what you have.

• joshnjen8
    Original Author
    15 days ago

The front door is actually white but you barely see it though the screen door the screen door is a black metal mesh with wood overlay

• joshnjen8
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Tree is not dead, just too early in the season to show blooms

• joshnjen8
    Original Author
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

All the photos didn’t seem to load. This one I tried to edit out the car

• joshnjen8
    Original Author
    15 days ago

• doods
    15 days ago

You need landscaping, house is ok

• Lyn Nielson
    14 days ago

Paint the garage including the garage doors the same color as the house... SW Classic Ivory as I state above. ... are the windows wood or vinyl? I would paint them the SW Naval too... so as not to highligh, but compliment the dark window panes (same with the dark mesh door screening)

• PRO
    lisedv
    11 days ago

The landscaping suggested just above by Simplynatural is really nice. I've just added the garage section with new garage doors for freshen-up the look. Also changed the front door and fence to black for more contrast with the bricks. Landscaping does it all !

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

landscaping is 75% of this curb appeal. simply natural nailed it. I'd do something like that.

bring in some darker colors around the brick. what do you think of darker siding?

here's how it would look next to the yellow brick. I love these color combos.

(This vertical siding is also a nicer option than the blah-look horizontal vinyl siding)

Urbane Bronze would be a perfect compliment.

also gave you a darker, more modern door, house numbers and a light.

here's a yellow brick ranch w/the vertical siding on the gable, wood door, pathway, AND, look at the painted porch! love that darker color instnead of the plain concrete.

copper, bronze natural wood tones, these other colors, all look nice w/the warmer brick.

these colors are nice too. the charcoal on the siding would look great. pair it w/mahogany modern door, modern address/light.

if you ever replace those windows, go w/the Bronze color. would look much better w/the bric

what the urbane bronze would look like on the fascia trim, windows, and a wood door.

consider redoing the siding. (if that's an option) to a board and batten siding.

here's how that type looks w/brick.

you could do the garage area w/this. (and even the gable portion above the brick)

here's how batten or vertical siding might look in this area: (I'd go w/the dark bronze color)

I'd also replace the garage door.

Another example of batten siding w/a new garage door in a darker color

here's how dark charcoal looks on regular siding

SW Iron Ore is also a nice color option. top one is BM color

if you want to 'paint' the brick (masonry paint or choose Romabio masonry-

that's also an option. (but you still need to address the landscape)

I also really like the darker color idea

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    11 days ago

Urbane Bronze with yellow brick (or yellow stone as seen in my neighborhood) has been a favorite ever since a neighbor used it.

I would definitely paint the garage to either match/complement the yellow brick, or whichever color (Urbane Bronze or otherwise) you choose to paint the siding and window trim (vinyl windows can be painted with proper prep and proper paint).

A very grayed dark to medium blue also looks nice with yellow brick.

I personally do not like white with it. Notice the difference in overall appearance just from Simplynatural's rendering, with the gable siding changed to a color close to the brick, Much better IMO. The garage in white stands out way too much.

Good landscaping will make a world of difference, also! It is a rather severe house design, so it needs the softening of a thoughtful landscape, a more generous walkway and entry.

joshnjen8 thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio