Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Project Linus #16 complete

Annie Deighnaugh
15 days ago

This one was made with a slight variation on double crochet which leads to a "herringbone" stitch. Edging was done in a crab stitch.

Comments (24)

• Stacey_mb
    15 days ago

Nicely done! Very pretty. I was recently at a meeting where an audience member was crocheting a scarf and it occurred to me that this craft is so much more portable and easier to do on the spur of the moment than knitting.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Stacey_mb
  • Yayagal
    15 days ago

I love it.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Yayagal
  • kitschykitch
    15 days ago

I have been crocheting, knitting and needlepoint since high school, You do beautiful work Annie! Unless you have specific information, I might consider choosing more traditional colors and simpler design. In my experience, people who receive donated items want them to look like what everyone else has.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked kitschykitch
  • eld6161
    15 days ago

❤️

Annie Deighnaugh thanked eld6161
  • jsk
    15 days ago

That is really beautiful. I love the colors.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jsk
  • Fun2BHere
    15 days ago

Very pretty. Job well done.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Fun2BHere
  • Feathers11
    15 days ago

You have such an eye for color coordinating! It's beautiful.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Feathers11
  • jill302
    15 days ago

Beautiful! Love the colors that you chose.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jill302
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

kitschykitch, these blankets are donated to give to children who are in crisis...critical care, ER, taken from domestic violence situations, etc. I doubt they know or care what "everyone else has" and are just glad to get something comforting. This started in part to help me use up my acres of excess yarn, so they get what they get. I do try to make them attractive and useful, though, even if not to your taste.

• faftris
    15 days ago

That is so lovely and made even more lovely by the generous feelings that went into its creation.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked faftris
  • nicole___
    15 days ago

Wowser! Well...it's to MY taste. It would be lovely in any setting...especially MY home...no...not wishing I needed "comfort" just loving your new creation! So well done!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked nicole___
  • bpath
    15 days ago

It’s beautiful, and I think the colors and pattern are very appropriate especially for an older child/teen.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked bpath
  • dedtired
    15 days ago

I would be beyond thrilled to receive that blanket. As a child it would be my forever blankie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked dedtired
  • ilikefriday
    15 days ago

Fabulous!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked ilikefriday
  • Allison0704
    15 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

I love that you make blankets for all age children, and they are mostly not the typical pink and blue.

DD2 is a domestic violence counselor who counsels adults and also those living in shelters. Some with children. I am going to send her a link to Project Linus since there is a local chapter. She hasn't mentioned, but maybe they are already linked to them.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Allison0704
  • jsk
    15 days ago

Well now I love the blanket even more that I know the story. I didn't know what Project Linus was. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for doing such good.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jsk
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

Thank you Allison and bpath, I often think of that...that they probably get quite a few for little ones, but not so many for tweens and teens.

• Patriciae
    15 days ago

Your work is always beautiful and this is going to be a real comfort to someone.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Patriciae
  • bragu_DSM 5
    15 days ago

superb!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • tuesday_2008
    15 days ago

That is beautiful Annie….love the color combo! Older kids/teens (male or female) would love that slightly boho look. Great job!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked tuesday_2008
  • blubird
    14 days ago

Lovely as usual. The colors and stitches are beautiful.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked blubird
  • petalique
    13 days ago

Just lovely, Annie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked petalique
  • texanjana
    10 days ago

I really like that, Annie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked texanjana
Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews