Jasdip

6 Likes Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

Ad said, "Likes water"......

4 Likes Save    
eld6161

Nicole, i saw yours posted once but it was the owner who got photo his dog relaxing in his pool from his neighbor.

1 Like Save    
eld6161

6 Likes Save    
katlan

10 Likes Save    
dedtired

6 Likes Save    
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

Cop: So I'm writing you a ticket for driving alone in the car pool lane...

Me : You're going to feel really silly when you look in the trunk. !!!

tj

3 Likes Save    
nicole___

@eld6161...Yes, I know...but I'm shopping for a dog and making up the tag lines for the photos I'm finding. I think a hoity toity GSD sitting in a nice pool is funny. He wouldn't be happy at MY house....we don't have such extravagances....:0) There's NO butler to hand him a towel.

Save    
HU-127064464

Some time ago when I was hitchhiking near my home in a rural area, when a woman who had come to an indigenous settlement nearby to get lower cost gas stopped and asked me whether, if she was willing to share her car with me for a few minutes, would I promise not to hurt her and when I'd said that if she didn't hurt me, I promised not to hurt her, she let.me in the car.

When she stopped at a traffic signal in a village nearby, there wasn't room between the front of her car and the one ahead for two people to walk side by side through there - and my rear end was trying to push itself backintothebackof my seat.

I said that, while it was not a good idea for some old guy who'd damaged his car beyond repair in a collision, and lost his licence, to be offering advice about driving I had a suggestion I thought to be worthy of consideration.

In the probably million to one or so probability that a vehicle coming up behind didn't stop - guaranteed one repair job needed for her car.

If there were some space between her car and the vehicle ahead, a possibility of getting stopped before a collision. But if less than three feet or so - second collision pretty well guaranteed

... requiring a second repair job on her car (or maybe even scrap it).

She said that my idea was worth thinking about.

When I told this story later to a group of men, one said "If you'd told that to me - I'd have told you to get out and walk!".

When a retired paratrooper who's active in our church came to get some lower cost gas nearby and came to pick me up en route to the old guys' coffee time there on Thursday, when I told this story to him, he said "Don't try telling a man how to drive!".

Possibly the driver in the story above, sharing a ride on the way to work, so feeling unable to kick a passenger out in that situation, had chosen a second best alternative?

ole joyful

Save    
colleenoz

I was told by my driving instructor back in the dark ages to visually line up the bottoms of the tyres of the car in front of me with the edge of the car's bonnet, to be far enough away but not ridiculously far. I still do it.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Thank U 4 the Gr8 Gift: How to Send Thanks in the Digital Age
We click open invitations and RSVP via text, but a handwritten thank-you is sometimes still best. Here's how to tell
Full Story
Most Popular 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Small Homes Houzz Tour: A Family of 4 Unwinds in 540 Square Feet
By Houzz
An extraordinarily scaled-down home and garden for a couple and their 2 kids fosters sustainability and togetherness
Full Story
With over 30 years of experience working with families from all over the Columbus, Ohio area, we're confident... Read More
Landscape Management Group was founded in 2011 by owner Mike Farrell. Our team is committed to excellence in... Read More