Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Finished Master Bath Pix (well 98.9% finished)

salonva
11 days ago

I've taken some pix and shared them piecemeal, but here are the ones from the contractor's photographer. Anyway, I am thrilled.

It was a super sunny day and we had the blinds fully open. Typically we keep them partially closed . The color of the vanity and especially the shower floor photographed much more orange than in real life . I added one photo that I took to show the shower floor and it's very different.

Anyway, all that needs to be done is the grab bars, and the mirror changed for one that s 4 inches longer.

We'll see how many photos I can post.......

and here is my photo of the floor!

to be continued not to press my luck.

Comments (44)

• salonva
    Original Author
    11 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

Continuing on:

went back to edit because I realized I didn't quite crop all the photos properly.... might be some dupes now and some omittied but that's the deal.

• salonva
    Original Author
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

I appreciate all the help I got here.

Previously, we had a light bar above the mirror. When we went to sconces, the light box had to be covered (code) so I did not realize that the mirror should have been longer. I did get a new one which is 4 inches longer so should be perfect. Looking at the pix, it doesn't look so odd as is, but it bothered me.

I may get a teak bench or something to have near the tub. Definitely going to look for a bath tray or something like that.

They had me remove our towels and personal effects ( not many at all yet) for the photos.

I'm so happy we went with a smaller vanity ( 48 inch) . The sconces which I love, unfortunately really don't give much light. Fortunately we have 2 other overhead lights, but the sconces are less functional than I would have wanted. I do love the look and it all works out, but those are my commens.

I love the selections that I agonized over ( and many of you with me). I am waiting but will probably order the anthro rug which is backordered until May 31.

• Sueb20
    11 days ago

Beautiful!!

• Allison0704
    11 days ago

So pretty! Nice choices.

I really like the vanity. Would you share your source? I have a project coming up soon.

salonva thanked Allison0704
  • hhireno
    11 days ago

Well done, that’s gorgeous.

salonva thanked hhireno
  • nicole___
    10 days ago

Very pretty! Lovely choices on ALL the fixtures.

salonva thanked nicole___
  • ilikefriday
    10 days ago

I think it looks fantastic!

salonva thanked ilikefriday
  • Kswl
    10 days ago

It is beautiful, and each element looks thoughtful and intentional. Well done!!

salonva thanked Kswl
  • dedtired
    10 days ago

Oh Salonva, it is gorgeous. I especially love the shower floor tiles . I could see myself soaking in that tub! Enjoy!

salonva thanked dedtired
  • deegw
    10 days ago

It looks very serene and smart. I love how your marble is interesting but not too busy.

salonva thanked deegw
  • porkandham
    10 days ago

Very nice! I love your vanity!

salonva thanked porkandham
  • Eileen
    10 days ago

It's beautiful and you made all the right choices. Too bad about the sconces though.

salonva thanked Eileen
  • jsk
    10 days ago

It's beautiful! You know I have been following along closely as ours is just beginning. We are 1 week in now.

Can you put brighter bulbs in the sconces? I wonder if it's because the glass isn't clear that it's not as bright as you want. Now you have me worried! Our sconces have clear ribbed glass. And they're doubles (light up and light down - hope that makes sense). Anyway, yours look beautiful. If you decide at some point to change them out, it's not a big deal. If that's the only complaint you have, you did a fabulous job!

I especially love your shower floor tile as it's very similar to what we're doing in the whole bathroom (shower and floor).

Good job!

salonva thanked jsk
  • pricklypearcactus
    10 days ago

Wow it's beautiful! Can you share details about the tile and the countertops?

salonva thanked pricklypearcactus
  • 3katz4me
    10 days ago

Wow - that is beautiful - great job!!

salonva thanked 3katz4me
  • maddielee
    10 days ago

Add another ”beautiful” to the growing list of beautifuls. Because it is!

salonva thanked maddielee
  • bbstx
    10 days ago

Very well done! Don’t you just love it when something works out so well?!?!

salonva thanked bbstx
  • Arapaho-Rd
    10 days ago

Just beautiful - it turned out perfectly!

salonva thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • eld6161
    10 days ago

Love it all.

salonva thanked eld6161
  • Karenseb
    10 days ago

It looks beautiful!

For the sconces you could try a higher lumens output bulb.

I see that Feit sells a 75 watt equivalent that might work in your fixture. (800 lumens)

75 watt equivalent

salonva thanked Karenseb
  • Bethpen
    10 days ago

I love it! So bright and clean!

salonva thanked Bethpen
  • Fun2BHere
    10 days ago

You must be so happy to have it finished. I think you made some lovely choices. Too bad about the sconces, but as you said, you have plenty of overhead light to increase the overall brightness in the room.

salonva thanked Fun2BHere
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    10 days ago

Very pretty! You started with the vanity, and that piece just makes the room! Enjoy.

salonva thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • rubyclaire
    10 days ago

Beautiful - well done!!

salonva thanked rubyclaire
  • salonva
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Thank you for the lovely feedback.

The vanity--- is sold by many vendors, most calling it a different name. I never was able to see it in person ; stricly online. I ended up ordering it from Home Depot. After reaching out to several vendors Home Depot was the only one who indicated it was in stock.

I think it's an imitationof a pottery barn one, but that has marble ( real marble) which was a no go for me.

It's Altair Solana. The countertop came with it in a separate box I had no choice . They were very helpful in sending photos of the countertop. I gambled and I like it a lot.

I've wondered if I can up the light bulbs but I was afraid and used strictly what they said to use. We're going away tomorrow for a few days so when I come back I will definitely check into the lightbulbs.

• Jilly
    10 days ago

Salon, it turned out so beautiful! You must smile every time you go in there. :)

salonva thanked Jilly
  • dani_m08
    10 days ago

Looks very pretty - all of your selections are perfect together!

As suggested above, increasing the light you receive from your sconces should be possible - it would be nice if you didn’t have to replace them.

salonva thanked dani_m08
  • OutsidePlaying
    10 days ago

Nicely done! I love the vanity.

salonva thanked OutsidePlaying
  • nini804
    10 days ago

Oh wow, it turned out beautifully! The tile is so gorgeous.

salonva thanked nini804
  • Kendrah
    10 days ago

Really nice job. Congrats. What is the wattage recommended for the lights and what do you have in there now? You can certainly get an LED equivalent that will be much brighter.

salonva thanked Kendrah
  • salonva
    Original Author
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

Thank you- I am so happy with it.

This is the sconceMercer Single Tube Sconce Chrome . It says

• BULB (1):
    • Type B 60 watts; (Bulb(s) not included)

that is what I got- an LED.FLSNT Dimmable Candelabra Light Bulbs 60W Equivalent E26 Base, B11 LED Chandelier Candle, 2700K Soft White, 6 Pack

I was on the phone with Pottery Barn asking if this was the bulb ( because Pottery Barn sold a bulb for a crazy $) and they said this was it.

I'd be happy to replace the bulb and see it brighter. I am just chicken as I thought this was the maximum. I'm thrilled t learn I was wrong....... do tell~ I'm not considering replacing the sconces. I'd love them to be brighter, but as I said, I do have additional lighting. Iwas just surprised that they don't actually offer more than good looks.

• gardener123
    10 days ago

For a minute I thought it was an inspiration pic! It's gorgeous!

• girlnamedgalez8a
    10 days ago

Just down right beautiful!!!

• jill302
    10 days ago

Just lovely, and a dream tub too!

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 days ago

Very nicely done! The time you took in planning really paid off. And I love the warm touch the vanity adds to the room. Enjoy!

• Kendrah
    10 days ago

Light bulb shopping has become a skilled task. I looked up your "LED.FLSNT Dimmable Candelabra Light Bulbs 60W Equivalent E26 Base, B11 LED Chandelier Candle, 2700K Soft White, 6 Pack". They are 4.5 watts each. Yes, confusing because it says 60 W equivalent. It means this uses 4.5 watts of energy but should look like what a standard 60 watt incandescent bulb would look like.

You can go way up - you've only actually used 4.5 watts. You want to find a bulb that is more like a 75 or 100 watt equivalent. This one is 5.5 watts and supposed to look like 75 watts -AMAZON

You might also want to look at getting 3000k, which will be a more white light instead of the slightly yellowish light you have now.

• Olychick
    9 days ago

Love how it turned out! I think the warm wood really adds a lot to your room. You mentioned the windows. Have you considered bottom up shades? I love that they can be raised just enough for privacy but you still get light and a view from the top.

• Karenseb
    9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

The Feit bulb I linked to uses 7 1/2 watts and puts out about 300 lumens more than the 60 watt bulb in a B10 bulb. I would definitely give that a try.

• Eileen
    9 days ago

I hope other bulbs will help. The entire reason for using sconces in a bathroom is so you can get a good view of your face for shaving, tweezing, applying make-up, etc. It's annoying that Pottery Barn would sell a sconce that doesn't function for its main purpose. I might pursue returning them if the other bulbs don't work as the salesperson assured you they'd be fine and her assurance was a factor in you buying them.

• texanjana
    9 days ago

It’s perfection, Salonva.

• teeda
    9 days ago

So lovely! So bright and spacious. Great tile selections, and the vanity and tub are perfect. Congratulations and enjoy!

• jakabedy
    9 days ago

It’s so good! Now you get to enjoy it.

• kitschykitch
    8 days ago

It is so on trend, but the vanity makes it just a little bit different. I love the rug you chose and hope you post when that is in.I might add some bamboo blinds to the windows in a light color like your vanity.