Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blueblob_gaming

Marvin Windows Cracks/Flaking Warranty no Help

BlueBlob Gaming
14 days ago

Purchased installation of 7 Marvin Elevate windows and 1 Patio door. Within eighty days Crack/Flaking fiberglass exteriors. Yellowing prefinshed white interior or pine staining through wood. Marvin did a patch job on cracks and claims I did not mention flaking and that I approved all exterior work. They expect me to get a quote from a Pro Painter and fax it to them for approval to redo all interior of windows. Do not Puchase Marvin Windows.

Comments (21)

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    14 days ago

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    14 days ago

Looks like an obvious issue with the finish. The lineal flakes could be from mishandling as the window is dropped, but the other issues appear to all be finish related.

Why the 8 posts on the subject? Why not just the one post?

Marvin has, in my estimation, always been a good material supplier in terms of honoring warranties.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    13 days ago

8 post and more post because of the terrible service and all the positive advertising and deleting my comments on YouTube. I see very few negative vids and the way Marvin and installer Alexander Co. In Burlingame CA are just finger pointing and making excuses while my family and I freeze all winter long and are stuck with false advertising from both Alexander who claim to "stand behind vendor" and Marvin lack of concern.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LpgXnqhPdaU?si=ggFuSJaG1lsJb7hh

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Marvin Tech and Installer said they have "Never" seen these issues before yet I see other recent videos and comment here as well. If these issues were really "Never seen" then why not replace defective product. Or Marvin Tech the only reason I had come out for a Professional point of view say installer issues Instead of I have to hire my own Painter for yellowing interiors and disregard all flaking and claim I approved all exterior work. Windows are still extremely drafty there are videos on my YouTube.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I have with no success that is why I am now dedicating my time to posting and help others avoid being in the same situation.Over a year already just excuses and nothing in the notes from both installer and Marvin. I understand 1 or 2 windows defective but 100% How would you handle this situation if you installed windows for someone and this happened would you just wait around for vendor over a year ??

• PRO
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

I don't think you have talked to the correct people just yet. I have always had good luck with warranty service on our installed Marvin products. Is there more to the story that is missing here?

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Windows would not lock, extremely difficult to open and some would not shut properly from day 1 installer said its because they are new and gasket needed breaking in. Less than 80 days after installation began not completed just began I noticed cracks and flaking on exterior fiberglass. I was not given anyone to talk to by installer they kept telling me that vendor would fix all issues and that parts were on order and when parts came in they would contact me. 12 months later Marvin finally called. I walked around with Marvin Tech pointed out all the issues Drafty, reveals along the tops uneven gaps, Cracked Flaking, yellowing interiors, screens not sitting properly he asked where I wanted him to start I said wherever you would like he had full undisturbed access he said he would be all day 4.5 hours later he said he needed parts and he would come a second time. Second time again he said he would be the whole day 4.5 hours he was done he said he can't keep coming back to repaint all interiors and was going to recommend I hire my own Pro Painter. 3 window frames were patched and painted a few sashes were sanded with rough grit paper so you can see the sanding lines and sprayed over picture window over spary along the foam seal. Tech said I never mentioned all the issues and approved all work.

• millworkman
    12 days ago

What series Marvin Windows are these? Who did you purchase them from?

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Elevate purchased and installed by Alexander Company Burlingame Ca.

Install began 02/14/23 issues from day 1. First service 02/09/24 second

03/26/24. Marvin waiting for me to find my own Painters for interior. Claim I approved/ did not mention all exterior issues on exterior.

• PRO
    12 days ago

Took a year for the issues to be noted or did you demonstrate some of the issues to the installer at the time?

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Day 1 operation of gliding/double hungs / patio door handle loose. 05/05/23 Cracks flaking Notified as soon as each issue was noticed.

• PRO
    8 days ago

How, assuming what you are saying if 100 accurate, is this not a covered failure?

https://www3.marvin.com/WebDoc/19980996_Marvin%20Limited%20Warranty.pdf

Marvin’s standard exterior composite cladding finish is

warranted against manufacturing defects per AAMA 625-10,

Section 5 for ten (10) years.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    8 days ago

What good is coverage if windows don't even make it 80 days ??? Its been Over a year already windows still not good. Day 1 no good after coverage service. does not matter. Marvin had a class action lawsuit seems like all they did was a name change but product was and still is trash. I was sold trash. Installer just ignoring and putting everything on vendor. Marvin should not have renamed to Elevate they should rename once again to DESCEND that is all these windows will do.

• PRO
    8 days ago

So...the finish is warranted for 10 years. Having them fixed or replaced seems reasonable here. Finish failure can happen for a myriad of reasons. If everything was always done perfectly, the idea of a warranty would be unnecessary. Sorry you got a bad batch, but I don't see how this isn't be logically covered and executed with Marvin. I will leave it there. You have shown the pictures and the warranty clearly indicates that it should be covered if its finish failure and defect. The pdf link is above.

https://www.marvin.com/support

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    8 days ago

I should not even be dealing with Marvin. Installer/dealer should be responsible.

I bet I will still get "that does not prove that these windows are Marvins" from some.

Diffrent photos this time.

• William Rossman
    7 days ago

Something is off with the finish?

• millworkman
    7 days ago

" Installer/dealer should be responsible. "

Correct. I saw no one tell you these were not Marvin windows.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    7 days ago

They did on other posts.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    5 days ago

April 18 still not up 5 s t a r currently

says will be viewable within 48 hours.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    Original Author
    2 days ago