Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojaszcz

bathroom floor options

jojaszcz
14 days ago

Help what tile should we do the floor in?
We had a little flood so we are only redoing the walkway area where the vanity goes.
The other connecting rooms have tongue and groove bamboo.

Comments (11)

• jojaszcz
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Close up of the shower tiles

• millworkman
    14 days ago

Confused as to what rooms are where? And what rooms are what?

• eld6161
    14 days ago

Are you set on the wall tiles?

i like doing the same tile on wall and floor, but if course polished on walls and matt on floor.

Here is our silver bathroom.

• eld6161
    14 days ago

This series had a mosaic in a square or hex for the shower floor.

• Moore4
    14 days ago

If your existing flooring is natural bamboo color, and your shower tile is beige-ish with the bamboo look, stay in the warm tone…if not beige, then go cream or ivory, not grays like I see in your samples. Grays will clash with what you already have. Also, curious because it’s hard to tell from your photo…is that smooth finished white tile on the floor in the shower? That looks like an accident waiting to happen. If so, rethink that and use a mosaic that is specified for shower floors…you need the texture for safety.

• Moore4
    14 days ago

millworkman, hopefully that is a door to the backyard...?

• millworkman
    14 days ago

Yes, hopefully @Moore4 but the pictures are a little disjointed and having an issues following them for what and where the existing surfaces are exactly. Maybe it is just me.

• jojaszcz
    Original Author
    14 days ago

This is a shower in our walk out basement. The vanity and washer dryer are in the room where the bamboo floor was damage and we now need new flooring in.
    Yes the shower has slick white tile. The last owner of the house put all this in.

• jojaszcz
    Original Author
    14 days ago

I agree we shouldn’t do a grey but there aren’t many good options

• k8cd
    11 days ago

Would it be possible to replace the floors in both rooms and the shower? The white tile does look dangerous and adding another tile in the space will look piecemeal. There are already 3 tiles in the shower area that are very similar in shape and size in the space. Adding a 4th in the adjacent room will be a lot.

Or could you replace the white tile in the shower with the new tile you pick?

(Might be a waterproofing issue with that option.)

If the white tile must stay, I would probably pick something close in color

to it. Same size and shape but matte. Or a tile that has some contrast in the size and shape to the existing tiles. (That said, we had similar white tile in our bathrooms and it was a nightmare to keep clean.)

Replacing all the floor tile gets my vote- you will get rid of the dangerous white tile, end up with a cohesive space, and that opens up the options to something that you would really like instead of just picking something that works.