Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
guest434

Kitchen Remodel Finally Finished

Bob z
14 days ago

Took 2 months and lots of questions and issues that I got a lot of good help from on here from various folks. Total cost for labor and material ended up being around 20k. Still missing a few doors but will be resolved soon.

Comments (10)

• malabacat
    14 days ago

Beautiful! I really like the lights under the edges of your island.

• dani_m08
    14 days ago

Very nice! Is the island stained walnut?

Looks like you have a couple solar tubes - what brand did you use? I’d like to add one to a guest bathroom that has no natural light - but makes me nervous to add a hole in my roof!

• Bob z
    Original Author
    14 days ago

The solar tubes were already there. The island is from ikea, enkoping

• Debbie Klausing
    13 days ago

20K sounds like a great value. Did you do some of the work yourself? Looks really good!

• Bob z
    Original Author
    12 days ago

I didn’t have a general contractor and hired different people for different tasks

• Joseph Babcock
    12 days ago

Nice - the drawer microwave and full height backsplash are nice touches

• dani_m08
    11 days ago

@Bob z - I’ve never been to IKEA - had no idea that they had stained options - your island looks really nice. Spent $20,000 - I assume that’s for new cabinets + countertop + backsplash + adding new vent hood + new microwave + new cooktop + some lighting (at least new lighting under island) + labor for demo and installation of all of the new items? Wow!

I like how many new drawers you added. Also, I like how you removed the stained wood window trim + ran the backsplash tiles all the way to the ceiling.

Did your installer mitered the tiles around the window or use a pencil liner (it’s difficult to tell in the photos)?

Also, are the tiles Bedrosian Cloe White? If yes, what color (and brand) grout did you use? I’m using Cloe White for my kitchen backsplash - and while my installer will test colors for me, I like seeing real photos of the tile installed with different grout colors to help narrow down the choices).

Sorry for so many Qs! It turned out very nice!

• dani_m08
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

@bpath - not sure why it won’t let me tag you - the quirks/issues related to using Houzz on my iPad/MacBook Air seem to be multiplying. . .

I didn’t know that an integrated fan is an option with solar tubes! I hate not having any daylight in that bathroom (even though it’s an upstairs guest bath). I will definitely hire a professional installer who will flash it correctly. Thanks for the info!

• Bob z
    Original Author
    11 days ago

The cabinets are not new except for the island and doors, otherwise it was painted. The tile is cloe white and the grout was a very light gray but don’t know the exact name. Not sure about how the tile was installed.