Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardener123

36" Induction range recommendations

gardener123
26 days ago
last modified: 26 days ago

Any real time suggestions and reviews of 36" slide in induction ranges? The threads regarding 36" induction ranges are a bit dated. Can we start a new one here? @wdccruise?

Thank you!

ETA I've seen some posts here where self-cleaning ovens caught fire, many GWers saying they would never use that function. Is manual clean the preferred option?

Comments (7)

• plllog
    26 days ago

I'm seeing this in Cooking Forum. My first thought was, ”Are there 36” slide-in induction ranges?” So I did a couple of web searches and found one from Monogram. It has a nifty clock face on the display in the picture. As with any range, the biggest difference is in the oven. With induction, you also have a trade-off between the cooktop and oven, due to power constraints. If you were open to freestanding, or separate cooktop over built-in oven, you'd have a great many more options.

Good luck finding what suits you. The important features for basic cooking are number of power levels per cook zone (minimum 17), sufficient power to elements, and accuracy of the oven.

gardener123 thanked plllog
  • gardener123
    Original Author
    26 days ago

With induction, you also have a trade-off between the cooktop and oven, due to power constraints.

I did not know this, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

• dan1888
    26 days ago

The three I would look at are Bosch, Electrolux and Wolf. Electric stoves with ovens and electric burners has been around for a number of decades without power compromise. I mean, I think all the one's I've seen always cook OK. 50A 220V circuit is enough. Many only need 40A. Using the elevated heat level of the self-cleaning function can be a problem for the electronics. I don't use it.

gardener123 thanked dan1888
  • plllog
    26 days ago

As far as I can tell, none of the makers Dan suggested make 36” slide-in induction ranges.

While the point about power draw is true, making induction ranges that fit one circuit makes for power output compromises between the cooktop and oven. Induction runs off of electicity, sure, but it's very different from coil burners. Induction ranges that don't have this problem would be very new, and either have some quantum leap in efficiency or run on two circuits, though I'm not sure the latter is possible, and if it was, you could just get the components, anyway. And if you do, you still have to make sure that the cooktop and oven are compatible in clearances and all, if you're going to stack them range style.

If you're making a holiday dinner and have pots on several elements and the oven going, there will be power sharing, output limitations and the like. 36” might just be for an existing opening, but one assumes you want to be able to blast away on it. Check the specs. Always check the specs. Ask the reps about it. Read the reviews. And double check the info you receive. I could also be wrong, out of date.

gardener123 thanked plllog
  • gardener123
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Thank you, pillog. That is very helpful. I would not have thought to look at those specs.

It's a remodel and I currently have a 36" gas cooktop, hence the 36" induction since I appreciate the cooktop space.

The Bosch 36" is the only Bosch product made by Smeg, with terrible reviews.

Fisher Paykel 36" has less cubic feet (4.9) than the 30" Cafe (5.7).

Bertazzoni has 5.9 but few reviews.

ETA Bosch 36" is 3.6 cu.ft.

• gardener123
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Just saw this Pillog, appreciate the added info!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm