Food for the Eclipse

agmss15

What should I make? For some reason this amuses me. What would you make? Thinking a moon/sun related cookie. Carrot recipes to see in the dark (too abstract perhaps) I am sort of at a loss.

Friends are putting up funny videos about eclipse prep - an combination of prudence and tin foil hat conspiracies. Mainers have a love/hate relationship with tourism.

Maine (and I am sure elsewhere) is getting an onslaught of Eclipse tourists during mud season. Tens of thousands are heading for parts north of me. I am in a very rural area but it gets more so up north. For those of you who haven’t experienced mud season I am not sure I can convey quite how gelatinous a road can be (add in potholes and frost heaves). My road isn’t too awful so here is a stock photo. I see possible issues.

https://www.facebook.com/share/KYx9NG9GiHsAN2HK/?mibextid=WC7FNe

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

Moon pies

2 Likes Save    
bragu_DSM 5

chips and sandwich fixins and liquid ... extra crackers

1 Like Save    
plllog

Black and whites (New York style) served in foil hats. ;)

Henny Penny sheet pan chicken (like chunky pot pie filling)

Slushies (neither frozen nor liquid like neither day nor night—possible also too meta, but I liked the carrot!).

Thin sliced cucumber ”goggles” (we had a 3/4 eclipse decades ago and my father gave me his welding helmet so I could look at the sun).

Everything bagels with green cheese (way too meta to explain).

Skewers with huge, small and medium melon balls = syzygy

1 Like Save    
chloebud

Sugar or shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate.

7 Likes Save    
petalique

I had a entrepreneurial fantasy of making dozens of original Maine Whoopie Pies (the right texture, no airy cakey stuff), packaging them in cellophane (they would be ice cold, frozen) and selling them for lotsa money to pay for my Total gas.

Most store bought whoopie pies are horrible with the chocolate part too much like box cake mix and the filling all fluffy sugary weird.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Events Houzz Call: Share Your Eclipse Party Photos!
Are you in the path of totality? Please post pictures and tell us how you're viewing from your home or neighborhood
Full Story
Events Houzzers Watch the Eclipse From Coast to Coast
Protective eye gear in place, eclipse viewers photographed the historic event. Check out their pictures!
Full Story
Life Slow Living 101: Tips for Turning Off the Chaos
It may feel as though you're too busy to slow down and enjoy life. But even little changes can have a big effect
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
For more than 35 years, Re-Bath® of Pittsburgh has helped homeowners convert worn, outdated bathrooms into... Read More