Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rtr129

PreOrder new Bosch 500 series or something else

I am interested in getting 24" compact w/d.

Looking into preordering this Bosch model that will ship out in a few months according to Yale appliance.

Bosch 500 series washer WGB24600UC & dryer WQB245BOUC.

also looking at Miele however I would have to go to the more expensive models to get the same features as the Bosch. Also interested in the LG all in one combo.

Features I am looking for 1600 rpms, steam on both w/d, heating element washer, speed wash, 4D wash and intensive cleaning, touch screen is a plus. I not interested on the auto dosing and lassume the 220V on Bosch would be better?

Yale appliance ranks the bosch as very reliable. Wondering if there sre any thoughts as going for Miele or LG over these new Bosch.

Comments (6)

• luna123456
    29 days ago
    last modified: 29 days ago

Its going to be hard to recommend as this is a new model and unknown in the USA. i doubt it will be bad. Discounting features you have not used maybe should be rethought. TwinDOS from Miele is very nice. Many who thought it was a gimmick have grown to really like it. Bosch offers models in Europe with a similar auto dispensing option.

I dont think you will find many prople who dislike Miele. They do cost more, but at this price point its not THAT much more.

LG may be fine, they just are not in the same top tier bracket as Miele and Bosch.

Spin speed is not what should be used to compare water extraction capability. G-Force is what should be used. As a drum gets bigger the required spin speed for the same G-Force goes down.

Electrical requirments mean little. Check the cycle times/actual max power draw. It may be the washers onboard heater elements are similar capacity. Most Bosch and Siemens units are designed to have the washer plug into a wall outlet and the dryer plugs into the washer. Hence the 220V rating.

Miele is 120V, but separate curcuits for both applainces. In my home both the washer and heat pump dryer are run on a single 20amp circuit. This has worked fine for almost five years.

• Cal
    28 days ago

Would also add, one great feature that's not often highlighted on the 860 Miele models is the extra pump. It provides the "Single Wash" feature, which the manual states is actually a load under 2.2lbs and it also gives you the Quickintense cycle for up to 11lb loads. If you perform a lot of small wash loads or are looking for a great clean in under 1hr, it does a great job. For example, sanitizing a small load of rags in under a hour is great to have. I declined to get the next model up with the touchscreen given parts for that screen can cost more in the future and I actually prefer having the knob/dial. However, I didn't want to give up the quick cycle options on the 860 since they work so well for me compared to other washers I've used. Good luck with your purchase!

• whirlpool_trainee
    28 days ago

So far, every review about his latest line I have seen on YouTube is positive. Especially the adaptive programming is praised (even though there is no silly AI branding slapped on the cycle dial). We have both the Bosch and the Siemens versions in the store (I'm in Germany) and the flat Bosch panel is very sleek and responsive. Bosch's Single Item option is called Mini Load. As far as Miele versus Bosch goes: I'd personally go for the Bosch. Nothing wrong with Miele, but I no longer see their price as justified. Especially now that their global efficiency program will shut down production of washers in Germany by 2027. Obviously US pricing is a little different, seeing that the Bosch above is sold at 1,500 USD while I'd pay 850 Euros for it.

WWWW

• Rachel Rixon
    27 days ago

Thanks for the advice and positive reviews!

I am also looking at the top of the line Asko washer (style) paired with a lower line dryer (classic or Logic ). The main draw being I can buy them new at a heavy discount. Saving about a $1000 from the Bosch set. Another Pro I wouldn’t have to wait until June. The asko does not hook up to wifi or an app (which I don’t think I would use) and has a larger capacity at 2.8 and 5. Any experience with this brand?

Have you seen the new 800 series Bosch. I can also preorder that although it’s much more expensive and has a longer wait time. The only difference I see if the autodosing and the color but maybe there are other differences. The dryer doesn’t seem to have any differences, except color and price. With the different colors cant pair a 800 series with the 500 series.

• whirlpool_trainee
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

We have the 800 Series pair in our store. The built quality is essentially the same as with the previous generation.

As you've said, there seems to be no difference between the dryers. The 800 washer has the iDos automatic dispenser as well as an Automatic cycle that senses the turbidity of the water and adjusts the cycle accordingly. The sensor is usually also used during the rinses, so the washer will add rinses, if it thinks it's necessary. This should work in most cycles. Not an essential feature, as you should be able to add up to three rinses in the app. Price difference on Abt is currently $150 between the washers.

This channel has the washer with iDos. The owner shows the cycles and the app in detail, as well as a cycle with Mini Load. This is the Siemens version, which is identical to the Bosch except that is has a dial instead of the touchpad. It's also in that silver-ish color. Please also read the description underneath each of the six videos, where he gives his opinion. There are more videos out there but so far I've only seen German ones and a Russian technician.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheWashHouse/videos

• Rick
    7 hours ago

Yale doesn't recommend the LG all in one, and I wouldn't buy it. Trying to do all things in one appliance means compromising performance.