What happened to Simply Recipes?

bbstx

I’m so sad. Simply Recipes used to be one of my go-to sites for recipes back when it was owned by Elise Bauer. Now that she has sold it, it seems to just be a shill for Aldi’s, Trader Joe’s, Costco, etc. Everyday I get an email entitled something like ”The $2.99 Find I Always Buy at Aldi’s” or “The 8 Things I Always Buy at Costco”. Last week, it was how to buy cheap frozen taquitos and turn them into a casserole. Now it is closer to clickbait than a good recipe site.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

I caught an episode of Shark Tank recently. One of the VCs said the whole point of a startup with growth potential is to sell it for a great price, and it's the clientele data that bring in the big bucks for most. UGH!

This is only inference, but it sounds like what happened was that they were bought out for their list. Foil them by unsubscribing.

Save     Thanked by bbstx
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bbstx

Great idea…and I just attempted to unsubscribe. Apparently Simply Recipes is now a part of the Martha Stewart universe.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design Recipe for Tropical Edible Garden Style
Appeal to exotic good taste with fruit trees, palms and tropical look-alikes in your temperate-climate garden
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen Recipes: Secret Ingredients of 5 One-of-a-Kind Cooking Spaces
Learn what went into these cooks’ kitchens — and what comes out of them
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen Recipes: Factory Cart Inspires a Dream Cooking Space
These homeowners' kitchen was almost nonexistent, so they whipped it up from scratch. See what they cook there and get the recipe too
Full Story
We design, build and renovate in the most exquisite of fashions. Our team of revolutionaries is dedicated to... Read More