Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talia_raviv26

furniture style/colors/layour

Talia Raviv
3 months ago

Hello decorating my new house. Need help starting with basics. All furniture/decor is from previous homeowner, just showing for idea of the architecture. Shown is the separated kitchen, which opens to the front door entryway (opposite side of the garage entryway that I actually use) which is part of the dining room but is slightly separated because of these stars which lead right between that that dining and living area.
This space is less traditional than what pics show from a Google search of the style, but also doesn't seem as modern as what Google shows for modern/transitional. I'm also thrown off by this layout so I really need help with what style (how modern/ traditional) I should go with furniture and what shape table to get. AND With all the different color wood already in the house (white stair railing and shutters, brown floors/cabinets, and dark gray doors, and dark brown entryway door between kitchen and dining- plus the gray walls countertops, beige carpet on stairs) I don’t know what color furniture to pick. For a little space reference, the 3 windows there span about 87 inches and that wall is about 139" from the bottom stair.

Comments (7)

• Kendrah
    3 months ago

Forget labels. What do you like? Post some inspiration pics, furniture stores you like to shop at, specific looks you are going for beyond a broad label. You space is generic enough to decorate in any number of ways.

Also, create a simple floor plan on paper including measurements so we can better understand the layout you are dealing with. Congrats on your new home.

• Talia Raviv
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thank you so much. This is the exact ground floor layout. Along with a full room style I like that I think is similar to the color pallet/style I’m working with. I like to call my style like a refreshed traditional (classical, yet updated and fresh feeling). I definitely like neutrals and cozy feeling, without being overwhelming. I was thinking about trying these brown faux leather chairs with a basic brown dining table like in this 4th photo but but I wonder if they look good together and if they’ll class with the grays/beige/white shutters in my home. So I did also like the idea of just plain brown dining set that has more character in shape I’ll add

• Talia Raviv
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Here’s an example of that

• PRO
    Randy Trainor
    15 days ago

We think you have a great space to work with. Please take a moment to look through a few images from a recent design of ours. Notice how we have laid out the furniture and what furniture we chose.

Mt. Washington Ski House · More Info

• ffpalms
    15 days ago

The high windows give the room a horizontal feeling. So, in general, I would look for ways to emphasize vertical elements through the way artwork is displayed, or perhaps using a tall armoire instead of a console. Here are a few visuals.

• PRO
    lisedv
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Are you using your existing furniture in the living room? Since this is open concept, we need to know what you plan to use in the living room area to give appropriate suggestions. Send pictures of your furniture or show us inspiration pictures of the styles you like.

In the meantime perhaps you can consider this suggestion for a floorplan.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH