Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_wahlen

Scale Drawing Help

Melissa Wahlen
4 months ago

I need to get a permit for a basement project and I need a scale drawing. Can someone help me draft my measurements to scale?

Comments (5)

• beesneeds
    4 months ago

What are the permit requirements? Different places can have different requirements. Some might take a well drafted sketch, using a ruler to make lines straight, including all measurements of the room- like you have included windows, but not the wall measurements between windows. That sort of thing. Having a consistant scale, like a quarter inch equals a foot, or one square of the grid is six inches, or the like. Some places might require a more professional draft, or have it drawn to particular scale. There are different scales, like 1:20, 1:50, ect.

• Melissa Wahlen
    Original Author
    4 months ago

Thank you for your questions. I live in Wisconsin. As the homeowner I’m going to pull the permit. From what I’ve gathered it sounds like a well drafted sketch to scale will suffice. If you have any east apps that you’re aware of that could use AI to take my drawing and out it to scale, please let me know. I was also looking into that. :)

• beesneeds
    4 months ago

I have no idea if a well drafted sketch will satisfy your local ordinances. Your local codes might require something more. Check with the local building inspector or ordinance officer and ask them what is required to satisfy the permit. You are for sure going to need to finish measuring the basement first, regardless on if you use a regular app or hand draft or use an AI.

What is the basement project you are planning on doing?

• la_la Girl
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Here is an overview on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GAKom_ZvI

• Skieropte Alex
    16 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Wow, your scale drawing conundrum really caught my eye! Scaling can be a bit tricky, like navigating a maze blindfolded. Your efforts to tackle it head-on are truly admirable! Using a ruler to map out your garden's layout is definitely a smart move, like using a compass to find your true north. As for my opinion, scale drawings are like blueprints for dreams – they help turn ideas into reality! In my experience, the devil is in the details, so ensuring accuracy with that ruler is key.

Now, about your question, I believe seeking advice from fellow green thumbs in the community could offer a fresh perspective. After all, two heads are better than one when it comes to problem-solving!

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    16 days ago

Please leave me your email in a message on my profile page, maybe I can help you with that.