Apple Pie Cookies

fawnridge (Ricky)

In a never-ending quest to find new and tasty cookies to bake with (or without) cannabutter, I've cobbled together this recipe. This version, by the way, is the third and definitely the best!

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour - packed

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup crushed dehydrated apples - Costco has a huge bag of red crisps

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon cloves

1/2 teaspoon allspice

1 cup white chocolate chips

1 stick unsalted butter or 120 grams cannabutter

1/2 cup brown sugar - packed

1/2 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Process:

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment. Roll the dough into 1" balls and flatten. Bake for 20 minutes. Yields 2 dozen cookies.

Note: You might need a little milk or cream to moisten the dough while still in the mixer.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

You remind me that it's been a long time since I made applesauce cookies. I've never baked cookies with dehydrated fruit. Interesting idea.

1 Like Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)

The first two recipes we tried used applesauce. They were tasty, but too gooey to ship.

Save    
plllog

Hm... Gooey? Is that hyperbole? Mine are tender as in not crisp, but firm, and froze well in a big container, with saran between layers. I'd guess they'd ship fine, but perhaps you have more stringent requirements. Old Betty Crocker recipe. If actually gooey, they're underbaked or the proportions are off. If you're making the applesauce frome scratch, it may be too wet and needing condensing. Your dehydrated recipe sounds sweeter than I like (fine for normal people, and likely appealing to patients whose senses have been rattled), but it looks good! Thanks for sharing, And congratulations on your success! I wonder how it would work with pears or peaches?

1 Like Save    
Lars

After eating some of the cookies, do you crave more in an hour or so?

The combination of the apples with the spices sounds good, but I question the white chocolate - I've not had that combination before, and certainly not in apple pie. In general, I do not like chocolate with those spices, and I cannot remember having apples with chocolate, although I know I would like that combo, minus the spices.

I have plenty of apples that I dehydrated, and I've been using them mostly in oatmeal. I've never crushed them - I generally cut them into small pieces with scissors. What is the reason for crushing the apples?

I think I would like to substitute chopped dates for the chocolate in your recipe, especially since I have a lot of dates at the moment. I would also use Calvados in place of vanilla, simply because I have it on hand, and I use it in recipes that have apples.

Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)

Lars - folks who eat edibles like chips. Just another flavor to hide the nasty cannabis taste. And to answer your question, no, edibles normally don't give you the munchies.

Save    
Lars

I was planning on using regular butter instead of cannabis butter, and so I guess the chips would not then be necessary, but I still think I would like to have dates in the cookies.

Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)

Lars - if you're thinking about cooking with dates, try this awesome cookie recipe: Date Nuggets

Save    
Lars

Thanks! Those look good.

We bought a bunch of dates when we were in Indio, but I accidentally left them in Cathedral City, but we're going back there next week, and I will make a batch of those then. I have all the ingredients for them except for the eggs, which I will buy when I get there, unless I take some with me from L.A.

1 Like Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)

Update: we've stopped using the white chocolate chips and this cookie has become our best seller. Now baking 24 dozen of these cookies each month!!!

1 Like Save    
Sooz

Yum! Wow, baking 24 dozen each month! They must be delish! Thanks for sharing!

Smiles,

Sooz

Save     Thanked by fawnridge (Ricky)
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Apartment Life Warm Up Fall With an Apple Pie Party at Home
A pie enthusiast shares a recipe, ideas for pretty crusts, and tips on how she makes the most of her rental kitchen
Full Story
Life This Weekend: Spruce Up Your Reading Spot, Pick Apples and More
Visit an orchard and make a pie with your bounty, cozy up your book nook or plan your next home project
Full Story
Decorating Guides Crisp, Fresh: Go for Green Apples
On the Walls or Au Natural, Green Apples Pack a Decorative Bite
Full Story