Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_227031627

36" stainless steel one-basin workstation sink recommendations?

HU-227031627
7 months ago

I have a 39" cabinet. I am looking for recommendations for a 36" stainless steel one-basin workstation sink, with radius corners. I honestly don't see the value of purchasing a $5,000 sink. Any recommendations? I don't need all the workstation attachments. I would prefer 16 gauge. I can spray on my own soundproofing if necessary.

I have a workstation sink now that only has 1 ledge, with a cutting board. When I spray water on the cutting board, the water goes everywhere. This sink is top-mounted, so hopefully, if my new sink is under mounted, I won't have this problem. If not, I would also want a sink with 2 ledges or a ledge that was lower on the sink. As I understand, you can do a ledge with the granite (haven't explored this idea yet), but I am afraid that water getting into the granite cavity might be a problem.

Anyway, thank you.

Comments (26)

• PRO
    HU-227031627 thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • wdccruise
    7 months ago
    HU-227031627 thanked wdccruise
  • HU-227031627
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Thank you both!

• T Jarmuth
    7 months ago

I bought a 39” SS, two bowl, Create Good Sinks and LOVE it. First time I’ve had SS, apron front, or workstation sink and am very pleased.

https://www.creategoodsinks.com/collections/workstation-sinks/products/39-apron-front-workstation-sink-double-bowl-large-bowl-left-5lad39c

HU-227031627 thanked T Jarmuth
  • PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    7 months ago

Ruvati has three patents on dual tier step sinks. I should know... I sold the patents to them. Splashing is more of an issue of a poorly designed faucet. Waterstone faucets, yet very expensive, are engineered not to splash like most brands. As far as Ruvati gauge, I am not sure of the gauge. I would suggest doing a bit of research.

HU-227031627 thanked Rachiele Custom Sinks
  • HU-227031627
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Rachiele Custom Sinks, thank you for the advice. i bought a Waterstone for my new sink already. so hopefully things will be better.

that is so interesting that you developed the patents used by Ruvati. i have never thought of that before. very cool

• wdccruise
    7 months ago

The Ruvati RVH8596 linked above is 16 gauge according to the spec sheet.

• purpleplume
    12 days ago

@T Jarmuth Today is the first time I've heard of create good sinks. It's a weekend, so I can't reach them right now. What a beautiful product. Do they sell only direct to end users or do they utilize distributors? I'd really like to be able to see one of their products before I commit to it.

I've been concerned about rust and leaky seams from some of the Revati and even Kohler workstation sink reviews and they're scaring me. We want a 33 inch workstation and would like it to be in 16 stainless steel, which Ruvati is, but I've seen too many photos now that show both theirs and even Kohler's rusting with only a few days use! We are undermounting ours beneath calcite, and it's a very expensive counter. I cannot afford to install a sink that is going to fail.

If you could tell me a little bit more about your purchasing experience with Create Good Sinks that would really help me decide. Thanks and I'm glad you love your sink!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    12 days ago

Stainless steel doesn't rust. Every stainless steel sink I've seen that "rusted" was really contamination.

• la_la Girl
    12 days ago

We’ve had our Kohler SS workstation sink for 12+ years - no rust

• Miranda33
    12 days ago

@purpleplume echoing that stainless steel does not rust. It is stainless steel. People saying their stainless steel sink has rusted have left something in it that rusted. That is all.

There are a couple reasons I do not recommend Create Good Sinks. But your other post - that you never returned to expand on your 2 sentences - indicated your design build firm was causing delays on your project. If you are now choosing a sink, one might assume that your design build firm is not causing delays. But we can’t assume. It’s a mystery since you posted 2 sentences about it, asked people to vote on it, and that was all.

• debrak6
    12 days ago

Would you elaborate on why you don't recommend Create Good Sinks? I was looking at them...

• T Jarmuth
    12 days ago

houzz://user/purpleplume I love my Create Good Sink and bought it direct from the company. They were excellent to work with and I received my sink soon after I ordered from them over the phone.

• HU-910663146
    11 days ago

FYI, I ended up buying Ruvati Roma Pro model RVH8303--33" sink with one basin, rounded radius (I hate zero radius or sharp) corners, 16 gauge, and center drain (I hate offset drains). It came with a grid, but I won't be using the grid most likely, since I hate grids. Home Depot gave me $50 off for signing up for their credit card.

From what I remember, Create Good Sinks only had an offset drain in the size that I needed (changed the cabinet size to 36"). I think a sink larger than 33" would be too much sink for my island, which is where I am having the sink installed.

YMMV. Everyone likes different things.

I have not yet installed it, but it seems solid, with nice soundproofing on it. We are using the colander that came with it on our current sink to hold scrubbies and brushes.

My husband apparently is not a fan of the workstation concept--neither is my one son. I am on the fence regarding workstation sinks. I decided to buy one because you can always just not use the workstation inserts.

• Miranda33
    11 days ago

@debrak6 - in answer to your question, the "seamless drain" is not actually seamless. The seam is just farther down into the drain. It will have gunk the same as a regular seam at the drain does. So either the gunk isn't visible but it's there with the "seamless" drain, or it is visible with a regular drain and you clean it because you can see it. Which one you prefer is individual. Also, the seamless drain has a slightly smaller diameter than a non-seamless drain. This would be a problem if your hands are a little larger and you need to fish something out of the drain. The seamless drain fits disposals fine if they are the continuous-feed style. If you prefer a batch feed disposal, those will not fit in the seamless drain.

• debrak6
    11 days ago

Thank you!

• purpleplume
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

@HU-910663146 Were you able to physically view a display unit of your Ruvati sink model on the floor (or any Ruvati unit) on display? I've checked with our nearby HD and they told me no displays; Ruvati is only available to order from HD online. I've never seen a Ruvati IRL and would really like to before finalizing our sink choice.

• HU-910663146
    11 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

Purpleplume, I did not see my specific model before ordering. I believe it is a new model. I've looked at so many sinks that I imagine I did see a Ruvati sink. Because I have seen so many sinks, I knew what sort of features that I wanted so seeing my particular sink in person before ordering wasn't as big a deal as you would think. Also, there just were not many sinks that ticked off all the boxes that I wanted. That is--not zero radius, stainless steel, 16 gauge, 33" width, one basin, center drain, workstation.

For example, I know that I hate zero radius sinks. The "working models" (sinks with actual water hooked up to them) that were zero radius sinks at the numerous showrooms I have visited all seemed to have gunk in the corners. So, I knew that I wanted a rounded radius corner. I could look at an internet picture and see what sort of corner the sink had without having to actually see it in person. The gauge of the sink is how thick it is. So if I know that a sink is 16 gauge, I don't have to see it actually in person to have a sense of its quality.

The beauty of buying from Home Depot is that the sink was shipped to my house for free and is returnable. There are probably other stores with equally attractive selling policies. So, you can order the sink, and if you don't like it, simply return it.

• purpleplume
    8 days ago

@Miranda33 I'm still finding my way around these forums. I saw your posts on my survey, which I tried replying to but for some reason my reply did not post. Nor did the 10 pages of drawings I tried to upload.

I tried again today. Please let me know if you're seeing my reply post where I tagged you. I am seeing it on my Houzz iphone app but then when I go in from my iPad it doesn't show up. I used to visit these boards way back when they were Garden Web, but I think I was then viewing it on a MacBook Air, which I rarely do these days. Feel free to PM me if you find that my reply to your comments still is not showing up. Perhaps you can give me some pointers on troubleshooting my way through that:)

• purpleplume
    4 days ago

@Miranda33 I checked and the extra comments on my poll post did post properly this time. All the answers to the questions you asked me are there now :)

• HU-326353564
    3 days ago

we just installed a Ruvati 16 guage and LOVE it!

• Design2 girl
    3 days ago

@HU-326353564 can you share your countertop material. Love your new sink!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 days ago

Design2 girl:

It appears to be engineered stone. If that is the case, the sink cutout has apparently voided the top manufacturer's warranty because the corners do not have the required 3/8" radii. Page 41 please.

• HU-326353564
    3 days ago

If you are referring to my stone, it is not engineered! It is Cristallo Quartzite Calacatta Pronto, and it is gorgeous.

• HU-326353564
    3 days ago