Are these drink mixes for water good or bad?

bostonoak

I have always found plain water difficult to drink. I just don't find it tasty. But once I started using drink mixes my water consumption really improved. I really like how water tastes when I use these mixes.

The question, however, is whether these mixes are good for me.

I'm including front and back photos of two mixes that I use (please see below).

The first one (On the Go) I get at either Dollar Tree or places like Walgreens.

The second one (Pur Aqua) I get from Aldi.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
strawchicago z5

Any artificial drink with chemicals like above cause weight gain & metabolic imbalances than health. That's why celebrities in Hollywood drink lemon water (freshly squeezed lemon juice with no sugar) to lose weight. Lemon water helps me to maintain my weight below 120 at 61 year old & 4'11". A 64 year-old friend who's very skinny gave me the tip of lemon-water, zero sugar.

Citric acid is made from a black mold (genetically modified) and is harsh on the stomach, which produces more acid and makes one more hungry.

If lemon water is too sour & bland, I put a tiny amount of frozen juice (like Old Orchard) for flavoring and a sweeter taste. Frozen juice has vitamin C, same with lemons. Vitamin C helps to lose weight

For tips on health, I started a discussion with a few friends in Organic Rose forum, anyone is welcomed to join:

Healthy tips for roses & us and herbs' benefits (houzz.com)

Save     Thanked by bostonoak
strawchicago z5

Forgot to mention that both I and daughter broke out in skin rash from using CALM (magnesium citrate with citric acid). That's how we traced our rash to citric acid, made from a black mold. I re-post the link for health tips below:

Healthy tips for roses & us and herbs' benefits (houzz.com)

Kristie Alley, the actress who died recently of colon cancer, was addicted to grape-flavored drinks, like drinking multiple cans per day. The chemicals in those artificial drinks mess up gut bacteria.

My husband's grandmother died of colon cancer, and his Mom got breast cancer at 40. But he drinks either fresh lemon juice, or 100% fruit juice (from frozen concentrate), and husband's colonoscopy was PERFECT, zero polyps in his early 60.

Save     Thanked by bostonoak
joann_fl

I love the Aldi's squeeze Orange Tangerine, the Pure Kick is great. I just got that one at Dollar tree, it has vitamins & electrolytes, it tastes like Mt Dew, I love it! the Cherry 7 up is from Dollar tree or Dollar General and I haven't tried the sonic. I don't like to buy anything with aspartame, it usually gives me a tickle in my throat, and I start coughing. I am loving the pure kick. Beware some are full of Caffeine.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Bid Bad Garden Bugs Goodbye and Usher In the Good
Give ants their marching orders and send mosquitoes moseying, while creating a garden that draws pollinators and helpful eaters
Full Story
Feel-Good Home How Your Home Can Heal a Bad Day
The comforts of home can be a soothing tonic for those days when nothing goes right
Full Story
Kitchen Design Hot-Drink Stations Hit the Spot
Beverage bars brimming with cocoa, tea, coffee and all the accoutrements make winter entertaining a delight
Full Story