Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daynakay30

Zephyr Range Hood

daynakay30
3 years ago

Hello,
Does anyone own a Zephyr wall range hood with baffle filters? Is it easy to clean and would you recommend buying one?
Thanks!

Comments (10)

• daynakay30
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Jackie! Love the range hood cover.

• Paul S
    3 years ago

I have a 54" zephyr monsoon and I would recommend it. As Jackie says, it is easy to pop off the filters and run them through the dishwasher. There is another piece of sheet metal at the bottom (where the bottom of the baffles sit) that also easily comes off for hand cleaning, it is too long for the dishwasher.

You will also need to occasionally climb up and wipe down the non baffle surfaces, but being smooth sheet metal it doesn't require a lot of elbow grease. Presumably that would be the case w any hood.

The grease on the baffles can get stubborn and even out of the dishwasher there remains some residue, but it can't be seen once they are in place. I have power washed them once or twice and that works, but it isn't necessary. I do a fair amount of high heat cooking and given the purpose of a hood I think some residual oils is unavoidable after years of use, but overall I can't imagine cleaning could be much easier than removing baffles and putting through the dishwasher, which I would say gets them to 95% clean. Better residual oil on the baffles than just about anywhere else. It is doing its job!

The lighting is nice and it came with a remote so you don't have to stretch to get to the controls if you don't want to.

• daynakay30
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Paul. Can't believe you took the time to power wash them! :) I am definitely leaning towards the Zephyr hoods.

• Runnermom
    3 years ago

I am planning to get the Zephyr Monsoon II as well. The LED lighting is supposed to be in the front and back which is so helpful! @daynakay30 which did you end up deciding to get and how is it working out?

• daynakay30
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I ended up with the Zephyr Venezia Wall Hood! It hasn’t shipped yet, but I’ll post an update when we get some use out of it!

• lucky998877
    3 years ago

@daynakay30 and @Runnermom I have Zephyr Siena Pro 48" and could not be happier! The LED lights are so nice, and the hood functions well! Baffles are easy to clean, I leave mine in the sink in hot soapy water for a moment and the scrub them. There is a reminder to do this after so many hours of use. The 5 min delay is my favorite, I almost always leave it running to clear the air.

• mcguirks
    3 years ago

I have a zephyr venezia. Baffles are easy to clean, but I'm overall not a fan of the design of the venezia. Maybe mine was installed wrong, but the other parts to it don't clean as well as the baffles which is frustrating in my opinion. Hopefully you have better luck!

• mishdish
    23 days ago

I will be purchasing the Zephyr Monsoon Connect. Cabinet guy and appliance center said 700 CFM was plenty, especially since I’m venting directly outside. Based on everyone’s comments Zephyr seems to be good. I like the easy clean features. Anyone use the monsoon connect?

I will have a Wolf 36” Gas Range. 6 burners. Not a heavy fryer.

• mishdish
    23 days ago

Also, wanted to add, I am getting the 42” Monsoon Connect.