Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mollie_rubin

Cambria Portrush Quartz

Mollie Rubin
3 years ago

Has anyone used Cambria Portrush Quartz in their kitchen? Id love to see photos with design ideas. We are undecided on backsplash and island cabinet colors. The rest of the cabinets will be white

thank you

Comments (48)

• eld6161
    3 years ago

While we wait.....

I would do the island in navy. I would do a simple white backsplash as this veining is very dramatic so let it be the star.

Mollie Rubin thanked eld6161
  • mxk3 z5b_MI
    3 years ago

Do you have your heart set on this? It looks so....unnatural.

• K R
    3 years ago

Never seen it but the pictures Cambria posted look beautiful. I have (a different) Cambria and I love it, it’s great quality and takes a beating.

• PRO
    Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio
    3 years ago

Hi Mollie,

Here is a kitchen we remodeled that features Cambria's Portrush. The homeowner loves it! Hope this helps - and good luck with your remodel!

West Chester Borough Kitchen Remodel · More Info

West Chester Borough Kitchen Remodel · More Info

• Rakhi Desai
    3 years ago

@Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio, What blue did you use in the cabinetry under the portrush? It looks beautiful. We can't decide between SW Salty Dog and In the Navy.

• PRO
    3 years ago

@Rakhi Desai - thanks for the question. This cabinetry is from @Dura Supreme Cabinetry and the color is one of Dura's own finishes: "Gale Force." Hope this helps!

• Rakhi Desai
    3 years ago

@Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio Thank you! SW actually also has a color called "Gale Force". Ii will check both out. Thank you for the reply.

• PRO
    3 years ago

@Rakhi Desai - no problem! Good luck!

• Shauna Hunt
    3 years ago

@Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio Which version of the Stella tile did you use for the backsplash? It looks like the black/white, but I wanted to check as we're considering using the white/blue with Cambria Portrush counters but we're waiting to see a sample of the tile. Thank you!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

An Elkay Quartz Luxe apron front sink in Jubilee would look fantastic with that estone.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

apparently OP doesn't care because she never came back to this post.

• PRO
    3 years ago

@Shauna Hunt - thanks for the question. The backsplash used in this kitchen is the beige/black style. (https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/elitetile-royalty-18-x-18-ceramic-patterned-wall-floor-tile-eml2863.html?piid=43752289). Here is a closer view of the tile. Hope this helps - and good luck with your project!

• Katie Jones
    3 years ago

Did you end up using the portrush? I’d love to see your finished product

• cmetzger628
    3 years ago

We are in the midst of a kitchen remodel and I'm planning to use Portrush. We are doing navy island with white outer/wall cabinets. We have stainless appliances and fixtures. Will that look ok even with the gold flecks? Would love more photos showing silver accents :)

• mkuyekawa
    2 years ago

cmetzger628 I would love to see pictures when you are done.

• skeating27
    2 years ago

Any more pictures

• mbvv
    2 years ago

I am doing a kitchen with a port rush (large) island (no waterfall) and perimeter counter (1) with full height backsplash (up to cabinet bottoms- so would that be half height?). I am looking at 2 BM colors for the island: Newburyport blue and Hale navy Blue. (Cambria suggests North Sea CC932). Wall cabinets will be white (doing the Cambria on the wall as a backsplash)l. Have tried 3 colors thus far (and we used 2 samples of the Cambria and noted they are different- just enough to matter, which throws a wrench in the works- especially since cambria is backordered 60-90 days and I need cabinets painted NOW...). Colors we picked are SW 6070 Heron Plume or SW 7626 Zurich White and custom (which, due to the varied colors in the background, was the least favorite). However, Cambria does provide BM color suggestions (although I disagreed with their white choice) : https://www.cambriausa.com/paint-match/#!/designs/portrush/paintCode/?paintKey=CC-932&searchInput=Portrush&searchSource=PaintMatchToolSearch (and I am IN LOVE with that spicy mustard!!! ). Using a jubilee colored Elkay undermount sink (the Elkay whites didn't look right and do not want stainless) and a Brizo articulating faucet with gold handle (https://www.build.com/brizo-64243lf/s1368128?uid=3219381&searchId=zErAN1zL57) to pick up on the gold flecking in the counter. There are knurled cabinet handles on line that would seem to match the Brizo but not sure how they would match shade wise (I have separate post out on Houzz asking that question...). For the moment I am going with some awesome brass handles that are inlaid with white (on the blue island) or blue (on the white wall).

Oh- and they do make a very thin portrush (6mm) which will allow you to backlight your wall...but husband ruled that out :( .

This was a helpful article https://www.igscountertops.com/design-spotlight-portrush-cambria-quartz/

• Laura Bornstein
    2 years ago

Help! I too am in the process of selecting BS Tile against my Portrush CT's, with white perimeter cabs & natural maple island and valance around exhaust fan cabinet over CT giving it a Coastal/Transitional vibe. mbvv; Yes, the IGS article is great and actually using the Essentials Tapestry Counter Stools shown in video but in natural!

This is where I could use your help, PLEASE!!! Dark Blue or Navy Tiles contrast beautifully but in my application it creates too dark of a space, so as of today I'm looking at white or glass in Picket Fence, Octagon ??? . I just found WOW Tile , https://www.wowdesigneu.com/downloads/catalogos/catalogoPottery.pdf Check out the Pottery pdf, 2x6 Pottery natural and the 2x6 Cosmic Natural...is it tooo much? I don't want to fight the "vein", but would love a subtle pop of blue in the BS. Thoughts???

Agree with the Elkay Jubilee sink, I haven't ruled in or out yet, until I finalize the BS.

• Shirlee Manahan
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

portrush is gorgeous

• mbvv
    2 years ago

@Shirlee Manahan thanks! Laura- check out her video link at 1:05 for a backsplash idea (if you don’t want a Portrush backsplash). Loved the blue grout! Just be careful with choosing a white since it has to go with counters. Also discovered that 2 different samples of portrush had different white tones.

• Laura Bornstein
    2 years ago

mbvv..hi, thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't have expected the two tones of white in Cambria, isn't that what the manmade products are all about!? Well, demo day starts this week end, very excited! the BS i'm going with is by Adex: STUDIO | Snow Cap | Translucent Glaze / Glossy Finish. I think it will all look amazing when installed..Let the the CT be the bride! :)

• mbvv
    2 years ago

That’s what I thought but found out quite by accident. Good luck with the project and post pics!

• Melissa Evans
    2 years ago

We are choosing PortRush for our remodel. I am trying to pick the right White to paint my cabinets. Does anyone have a SW white they would recommend?

• chispa
    2 years ago

@Melissa Evans, just be aware that the quartz slabs you get might be slightly different base color than the samples you have. Different lots will come out slightly different. Check the date on the sample to make sure it is current. If it isn't, contact Cambria and order a new sample.

• Melissa Evans
    2 years ago

For cabinet color above, Cambria showroom recommended Benjamin Moore Silver Satin OC-26, We chose Anchor Gray SW 2126-30 for the island. It is more on the gray side than blue, but I think it will stay in style longer.

• mbvv
    2 years ago

Hi mevans71- I ended up using SW Origami while for cabinets

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    2 years ago

@mbvv How long has your top been installed? I am surprised to see quartz behind a gas range. I was always told that is frowned upon since the heat coming through those vents can scorch the top.....

You can see the yellowing..

• mbvv
    2 years ago

I read that as well but was assured by the installer that it would be OK. I loved it so much that I listened to the installer (and other sources that said it would be OK). Apparently I have selective information gathering! Fingers crossed and primary use in front burners will keep me non yellowed. Can you remove the yellowing any way? Have you looked into that (she said hopefully). What about putting a piece of stainless steel there?

• mbvv
    2 years ago

I have only had it a few months….

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    2 years ago

I do not believe that it is something removable. I also don't think it is from the burners ( but I certainly could be wrong ) I think it is some sort of exhaust from the oven!

• jillipper
    2 years ago

Mbvv can I see more pics of your kitchen? Can I ask what brand cabinets you used?

• mbvv
    2 years ago

Sherwin Williams Origami while for cabinets And Ben Moore Hale navy for island. Still waiting on hardware . The style of the cabinets is Jax by Omega but I used a chrome builder and it was less $$$ and I got a lot of customization! I can only add 4 pics - will try to add some more in a moment.

• mbvv
    2 years ago

More pics

• mbvv
    2 years ago

The fridge on right and @garage on left with retracting doors. I think to do it again I would add all recessed toe kick drawers! Invaluable!

• jillipper
    2 years ago

This is amazing thank you so much. Literally the exact kitchen I am planning. I have priced out omega jax. What’s a chrome builder?

• sherry hull
    last year

What color is the perimeter countertop that looks grey/charcoal??

• mbvv
    last year

It is all Cambria. I don’t know what a chrome builder is. Siri must’ve misinterpreted whatever I was saying🙄

• mbvv
    last year

I’ve been waiting my handles to come in now for eight months. But I’m kind of liking the clean look!

• Heidi E
    8 months ago

I know this post is old but I thought I’d add my Portrush pictures here if anyone still wants to see them

• Megan
    last month

Heidi E - are those the matte or polished Portrush? How do you like them so far?

• Heidi E
    last month

I think they are polished. I love them, they are just so beautiful they make me happy when I look at them!

• K
    12 days ago

Heidi E - what color did you paint your island? Love your kitchen!!

• Heidi E
    11 days ago

The island is Sherwin Williams Naval SW 6244

• K
    11 days ago

Thank you!!!