Need help with hot flashes

haymeadowfield

I have been having hot flashes and night sweats for almost 18 years. They are not as intense as they were at the beginning. But I'm really tired of all this. I have tried all kinds of supplements and nothing works. I'm not a candidate for HRT. My doctor has suggested an antidepressant but I'm not crazy about taking those. Has anyone found something that works? Has anyone used evening primrose oil? That's one thing I have not tried yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HU-28248609

I cannot find the place to post but i literally hate everyone. I turned 50 yesterday and had my period so it is not leaving-it is on time and I will not be in menopause at 51. So when will i go through menopause? I feel annoyed by everyone. I use a cream that seemed to work for three months now it is not working anymore but the stress in my life greatly increased so that could be why. I am just wondering if anyone else feels like they cannot stand the idiosyncrasies of others. Or cultural differences. I am not 80 but I am like my grandfather-I cannot stand anyone. And things about other cultures and religions and the men and their attitudes make me so angry-with their negative attitudes and abuse towards women. I was in a Muslim country for a month and I hated it. I will not travel to those countries anymore because I feel the injustice of the men and their misogynist attitudes so I am acutely aware now of social injustices towards women and i will not tolerate them. It is much more pronounced. Just 3 years ago I could appreciate the beauty of a country and ignore the men. Now I cannot I am so irritated ny them-and I am glad I woke Up but i hate feeling irritated.And now more than ever i am a conservative. I am grateful for that but i wish I could have the opinion and not feel the irritation.By the way venlafaxine prevents hot flashes. It is also known as effexor. I have taken antidepressants for years and I have no hot flashes and no other perimenopause symptoms except the annoyance and that is not caused by the antidepressant. I was on this antidepressant before peri menopause and travelling the world and loving it. try the venlafaxine-do not go on paxil it causes hot flashes and night sweats. The sheets will be drenched. Enjoy venlafaxine or a tricyclic antidepressant do NOT go on an ssri-avoid effexor, prozac and paxil etc as they cause night sweats my sheets were drenched on paxil literally wet soaked I had to get up at 3am and change them. With venlafaxine i hae no symptoms. My annoyance my doctor said is because of estrogen fluctuation. I am not in menopause so my moods are crazy with teh wild estrogen fluctuation. I cannot wait until my estrogen levels off so I can go on hrt. I need everything to be level. Don't be afraid of antidepressants. I was just 19 when I had to start taking them. I remember looking at hte pill and being terrified-I never took medication other than antibiotics in my life. I was worried about what it would do. Now more than half my life I have taken them. Trust me they do nothave many side effects and venlafazine works I switched from paxil because my sheets were soaked. The cream that balances your hormones that I use is natural and transdermal it is called moon rise cream it is from the uk and it has helpoed me greatly for the past three months. I think it still worlks but I made the mistake of forgetting to use it for a few days and that can reaqlly throw you off.Good luck to you.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Flashes of Industrial Style in a Modern-Rustic Dream Home
In this picture-perfect getaway, you can sleep under the stars without leaving your bed — and heated brick floors keep toes warm
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Tile Floors Help a Hot Home Chill Out
Replace your hot-weather woes with a cool feel for toes when you treat your floors to deliciously refreshing tile
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Hot Air Balloons Help Decor Soar
Flying onto wallpaper, pillows, lighting and more, hot air balloons lift rooms up, up and away
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Because every home deserves an amazing kitchen: A beautiful, welcoming and functional space that’s designed for... Read More