3-D Printer

Suzieque

I have bought a 3-D printer for my DH for Christmas. Yes, I’m investigating what else is needed by googling but thought I’d ask the helpful folks here, as well.

What are the things that I should also buy or look into so that he can get off the ground with it without having to do a lot of investigation and purchasing himself? He’s pretty tech savvy but this will be a new endeavor/experience for him.

Thanks for any advice.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Obviously filament but I don’t know enough about it to make any specific recommendations. It depends on the kind of printer and what he’s looking to print. I have no idea how much comes with a printer but maybe just a little more to get him going. After that, he can purchase whatever he needs.

I also don’t know what kind of software he might need. I’m assuming the unit ships with something, how good it is I can’t say. He need something to design whatever object he wants to print and something to convert it to language the printer understands.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzieque

Thank you. I admit that I am ignorant about all of this. I’m not even sure that he will like this! Ha ha. However, he’s a gadget guy and likes to create things. I appreciate your response very much.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Events Maker Faire: Pancake Printers, an Electric Giraffe and So Much More
Passionate makers bring their latest wares to an annual festival where creativity meets tech
Full Story
Architecture What the Future Holds for 3D Printing in Architecture and Design
Designers worldwide are creating 3D-printed buildings, furnishings and materials. Will we be seeing this trend in our homes?
Full Story
Architecture Discover the Intriguing Possibilities for 3D Printing for Architecture
Would you live in a home made of printed plastic? With 3D printing, the options push architecture's limits
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever