ole joyful (why is there a minim character count for title)

blackcats13

I saw you posted on the mortgage hack & was very happy to see your name! It has been many years since I was on gardenweb, but your posts (in saving and finance) are some of the ones I remember fondly. Wishing you best of health!

Kris/Blackcats

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joyfulguy

Thank you very much, Kris.

I've had some health problems, but they haven't caused more than minor reductions in what I can do, and thankful every day for that. Good genes, I think.

Started to smoke at 15, after a few months liked neither the taste nor the cost - so had sense enough to quit.

Daughter, who has dual citizenship, her mother being from Iowa, has spent most of the last 20 years or so in the U.S., most of it in Phoenix, recently moved to the Atlanta area, her husband being from there. She comes up for a few days every few years and said summer of '18 that they'd have to celebrate my 90th during her trip up in Aug.: flew me to Phoenix for my 8oth, ten years ago.

At the party, when I said that I'd been rather worried after the announcement, as birthday wasn't till Jan, so figured I didn't dare die in between, or wouldn't be keeping up my end of the bargain, there was some laughter.

The old guys at the village church that I attend had a group called "Senior Mens' Coffee Hour" on Thursday mornings, that they renamed the "ROMEOs", as in "Retired Old Men Eating Out", (and wouldn't touch my suggestion that it should be"ROMDOs", as in "Retired Old Men Drinking Out" with a 10-foot pole) give each guy with a birthday that month a cupcake with a candle on top at the meeting. I hold mine at arm's length: if I blow it out, called "blowhard", if not, "bit off more than you could chew, huh?", and laughter whichever way.

When the cake came out at the party, the numbers were facing me, but the cameras were on the other side. I was holding the cake at arm's length, and turned it around to have the numbers "89.5" facing the cameras ...

... and gave a sigh of relief: happy to be off the hook!

Hope you're having aq good year.

I spend uite a bi of time over on Kitchen Table.

ole joyful

Save    
joyfulguy

Hi again, Kris.

When I blew at the candles on the cake ... got 'em all - (aged) windbag, looks like.

Sorry about the lack of ending as above, and editing at the end of the previous message - we're allowed 2 hours at the library and I'd had the 3-minute warning ... till my screen went blank.

ole joyful

Save    
joyfulguy

You can use the "space" bar to fill up to the required number when making a title on a thread.

ole koyful

Save    
blackcats13

As always your posts made me smile and laugh! And thank you for taking your library time to respond to me :)

We're managing ok. Moving to Las Vegas (better weather than Chicago), got a better career, had a 2nd kid, bought a house (NOT an old one this time), finances stable lol, all the typical. So typical I even became a soccer mom ROFL

And thanks for that spacebar tip!!!

~Kris

Save    
joyfulguy

Test

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Feel-Good Home Simple Pleasures: The Joy of Fresh Sheets
Make your bed a place of comfort and relaxation with good-quality linens, ample pillows and other pleasing accoutrements
Full Story
Kitchen Design Details That Count: 17 Designer Tips for a Great Kitchen
Get ideas for camouflaging your outlets, adding task lighting and avoiding common kitchen annoyances
Full Story
Small Homes Houzz Tour: Sustainable, Comfy Living in 196 Square Feet
Solar panels, ship-inspired features and minimal possessions make this tiny Washington home kind to the earth and cozy for the owners
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever