Periomenopause.

Cindy McKinney

This is starting to get really awful and it's just periomenopause!! I have no desire to do anything unless I absolutely have to. I could sleep at a red light. I could bite anybody's head off ... literally. And my self-esteem is gone. Absolutely gone. I hate me. I hate looking at me. I hate pictures of me unless I edit the hell out of them with SNAPCHAT! At 48 years old I rely on that?? My hair is in a short pixie and has been for a few years now. It has started breaking off and falling out. I hate it. So I got a wig and my hair stylist did a magnificent job on it. I hate that too. I have put on so much weight and had foot surgery 08/20/18. I've never had children, but my stomach is just like a pouch that came out of nowhere. Nails and skin are dry. The crying is at an all time high and then so is the anger. I really don't think I can handle the progression of going into full blown menopause. I feel like I am insane. I read an article about the number of suicides in females going through this. But there is nothing that has been done until after the fact. I don't know what to do to help myself or any of us going through this. I just bought some collagen powder to add to my beverages, I'm taking an anti-depressant, Adderall, Estroven for moods, and a multi vitamin. I hope the comb helps. How are you dealing with it?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Margot Thomson

Hi Cindy, I am now 56. I think this all hit me at about 51. Hit me hard. I was always a slim lady, very lucky, great metabolism. I have struggled with anxiety most of my life, but wow...when menopause hit...whoa. I seemed to get fat overnight, became extremely depressed. It was like instant. I suffered with crying or sleeping all day for a few months, forcing myself to go to work, it was awful. I had no interest in anything, not even my children which is unimaginable for me. Finally my husband talked me into going to see the doctor who put me on anti depressants which I was reluctant to take as I had heard things about them that seemed negative. At this point I felt I had no other options though so agreed. It took about a week to get used to them and I have to say I feel much better although not my "old self". I am much more "subdued" but at least not crying constantly anymore. I do not feel like I am the same person I used to be as I don't have the energy or drive I used to and have not the zest for things I used to like reading for instance. I also have not figured out how to lose the extra weight as I have so little "get up and go". I feel like maybe it's just hard to accept aging? However, I do manage and try to focus on all the positive things. I know what you mean about the self esteem, I hate pics of me too, so much, cause it does not look like me anymore I think. As for your hair, could be stress, or maybe have your thyroid checked? Mine has been bad for years and dry skin, hair loss, memory loss, sluggishness, weight gain are just some of the symptoms. At least it is treatable, a pill every day. :) On the bright side: We are not alone. We all have to face this strange change in our lives. Wish it was easier though eh? Hang on my dear you will be okay.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nichola Poulson

Hi, I’m nichola I’m 44.

Over the past year I’ve been getting hot flushes,headaches from hell, no sleep, acne, boobs that are sagging, zero sex drive, sore bits!the list goes on!

the worst thing by far was an adrenaline rush type thing in my head , heart rate was so fast I could feel it!

is this really the pre-menopause, I feel utterly miserable!

Save    
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Buckeye Basements, Inc. is a multi-award winning company that provides complete basement remodeling and finishing... Read More