Need some tips on handling foreign brides.

randy stewarts

I’m a wedding planner/organizer by profession. Truth be told, I don’t have that much experience in the industry but I’m doing the best I can. We will be working on a wedding next month with a foreign couple. I’m usually the one who handles everything on behalf of the bride during the day so I need some tips and advice on how to handle brides from foreign countries. Do they need special accommodations? What are the kinds of services they are used to when under pressure? What kind of snacks should I offer them during breaks or when they’re hungry? Thanks so much in advance.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Why don't you ask the bride? Every culture/country would have different customs. At least you can google "Weddings in ____ country" and get some info.

5 Likes Save    
maddielee

Foreign? Like from Canada?

Have you ever planned a wedding before? How did this bride find you?

2 Likes Save    
Jo54

Hot dogs, but make sure they’re kosher, and no mustard in case they get it on their dress.

1 Like Save    
User

Well, I know why you're asking. You really have to be sure you feed foreign brides when they're even a little bit peckish or you run the risk of this.

1 Like Save    
Thabang Mabuza

ask them what they want

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design 14 Design Tips to Know Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
Learn a few tried and true design tricks to prevent headaches during your next bathroom project
Full Story
Moving Relocating Help: 8 Tips for a Happier Long-Distance Move
Trash bags, houseplants and a good cry all have their role when it comes to this major life change
Full Story
Most Popular 8 Ways to Get a Handle on the Junk Drawer
Don’t sweat the small stuff — give it a few drawers of its own, sorted by type or task
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever