Planning a wedding soon and need some advice.

Theodore Freeman

I’m working full time as an event planner and one of my clients referred me over to a group of Ukraine women from her pilates class. One of them is getting married early next year and the other girls are going to be her bridesmaids. I don’t really know much about what the dating or marriage culture is like in the Ukraine and I want to avoid planning any activities or saying anything that might be offensive to them. Anything I should know before I start working on the upcoming wedding ceremony? Thanks!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Google is your friend. And be prepared to have a long talk with your client about what she wants. She might want to complately forget the old country, for all we know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_wedding_traditions

1 Like Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Agree with sushipup1. Best is to interview the client on her vision for her wedding, including any activities, decorations, symbols, etc., including what she does not want included.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life You Said It: ‘Some Ask Why, Others Why Not?’ and Other Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
Bedrooms Trending Now: 25 Bedrooms We’d Love to Fall Asleep In
Looking for a comfortable and calm space? Consider some of the most popular new bedroom photos on Houzz
Full Story
Life Get the Family to Pitch In: A Mom’s Advice on Chores
Foster teamwork and a sense of ownership about housekeeping to lighten your load and even boost togetherness
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We design, build and renovate in the most exquisite of fashions. Our team of revolutionaries is dedicated to... Read More